PDA

View Full Version : 2000th POST!

newkie
09/13/2002, 04:38 PM
Back in '97, after taking a break for a few years during college, I bought myself a gradulation present: a 110 gal tank. Back when I worked in a petstore I tried saltwater with some succes, but it was a small tank and technology wasn't nearly what it is today.

So after blowing a lot of cash at the lfs and getting some of this expensive stuff called "live rock" I set off to give salt another chance. But my fish kept getting ich and the tank wasn't much to look at. Then one day I searched for something and came across an aquarium supplier on the internet. I'm a programmer so I'm online all day, but for some reason fish and internet never crossed my mind.

Well since then my tank has changed A LOT! I quickly found Aqualink (when it was in its hey-day) and learned, learned, learned; and saved quite a packet buying things online too! Sometime back in '99 people started migrating over to a quiet little forum called Reefcentral, which was extra attractive because some dude called Dr. Ron was here. And even though I've picked up quite a library and nearly always recommend people read a book I can't express how much I've learned here on the forums and how much I've appreciated all the people whose input and advice has made reef keeping the biggest learning experience since college.

So to everyone who has and does make this forum so great...
<center>
http://www.livinglava.com/images/toast.jpg
Here's to you
Here's to me
Friends may we always be

But if by chance
We disagree
Up yours!
Here's to me! </center>

Happy Friday and have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

Pomacanthus1
09/13/2002, 05:00 PM
CONGRATS!
But if by chance
We disagree
Up yours!
Here's to me!

LMAO!:lol:

newkie
09/14/2002, 03:24 AM
Cheers Pomacanthus1!!!

smiller
09/14/2002, 06:19 AM
:celeb2: :celeb1: :celeb3:

myreef
09/14/2002, 09:02 AM
Congrats Chris....just looked at your website....beautiful setup. Love the red cap.....I love the way you have the two islands...I am about to do that same look on my 400.