PDA

View Full Version : if you want a good laugh, go to petco...

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 10:49 PM
i was pretty bored this evening and i only live down the street from petco. so i went there to look around a little and see what kind of fish they carry. people who work at petco and acctually know what there talking about im sorry but close your ear this isnt directed twards you. infact i give you props for reaserching on this forum. but i was having this crazy argument for about 40 minutes on varius things(it gave me somthing to do haha),

first off i asked her if the anemones have been moving alot cause there running florecent tubes on that tank...dont even go there haha. she started to laugh at me and i asked her what was so funny. she told me well anemones dont move you just put them where you want them and the'll stay there. so what do i do? i start to laugh then she asked me what i was laughing at i told her that anemones deffinatly move if there not happy where they are. so what dose she do? she took it personal and called the maneger over what dose the maneger say? ooh yea anemones dont move... need i say more?

then she goes and tells me that a yellow tank would do fine in a 10 gallon...i asked her if she was crazy. she looked at me like i had 9 heads.

then this ones is the last one and its a pretty good one. cause of the first 2 explinations that she gave me i figured i'd like to know how much light thows little mushrooms need. hahaha what dose she say? the 150 watt MH would be good make sure you place them at the top of the tank they need alot of light. what do i do? i leave and never turned my head back. hahaha

so now when i need some commic relife i go to petco.

i didnt really know what thread this would be approp. for so i just stuck it in here to maby warn the newbies that petco isnt the greatest to buy fish or coral from. atleast in my area.

cowboyswife
06/07/2007, 11:02 PM
LOL!! Thanks for the midnight laugh!

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 11:05 PM
anytime haha the personal expirence was just wild lol.

Jamie1210
06/07/2007, 11:13 PM
the petco website is now selling livestock! :0 hopefully their online ppl would know better, or theres gonna be a lotta DOA's ...

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 11:17 PM
ooh man that would be such a disapointment to have fish die like that.

Lubu
06/07/2007, 11:27 PM
:lol: Deathco never seized to amuse me...

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 11:33 PM
aaaaaaaahahahhaa deathco thats sooo funny

underpar
06/07/2007, 11:40 PM
Hey mariner908,

Next time you are bored, try a dictionary!

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 11:46 PM
hey now i wasnt trying to start the agrument she was simply giving me wrong info and i was just tryingt o correct her so she would know what to say next time someone asked her but she wouldnt accept it.

badfish
06/07/2007, 11:50 PM
This thread has been posted a hundred times.

afo2046
06/07/2007, 11:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10100958#post10100958 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by underpar
Hey mariner908,

Next time you are bored, try a dictionary!

All joking aside who the heck gets bored and decides to read the dictionary. Next time you want to do a put down put some actual effort or just don't respond.

Kengaroo131
06/07/2007, 11:56 PM
i was truly trying to help her out but she just kept on sticking to what she "knows" about it all i wasnt trying to insult anyone. in the end it turned out to be a funny story. in my mind atleast.

underpar
06/08/2007, 12:13 AM
Okay, I will put down some actual effort....

I am a retired educator and I am, at times, appalled by some of the postings that appear on this site. The misspellings, the poor grammar, and the absolutely atrocious writing are enough to make one wonder if some of these folks ever even sat in an English class. Let alone passed one! How much confidence can I have in the advice someone offers in such a highly specialized subject as we discuss here, when that person has such little mastery of his/her own language.
And, on top of that, to use such poor communication skills to laugh at and to ridicule another goes beyond the pale.
Perhaps I am a bit over-the-hill, but I have always tried to be careful how I write. It may be the only source of information from which someone will make a judgement about me.
Regarding the dictionary...it is a truly fascinating book, filled with a seemingly endless stream of information and knowledge. Try it sometime.

Peace, Fred

EdKruzel
06/08/2007, 12:19 AM
That was comical in a sad fashion, and unfortunately Petco isn't the only LFS with poor advice. The dictionary comment is a bit harsh, but it does help to spell check before posting to help the members reading.

RC has a spell check, but for those that cannot access it, I would recommend using an updated browser with spell check, or typing in Microsoft Word, then pasting and copying to the forum.

Remember this a family forum, so keep the comments helpful and positive.

mrbncal
06/08/2007, 12:25 AM
Well said.....um, Fred.

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 12:32 AM
come on im 16 years old, a freshman in high school i know more then a normal kid about this stuff. i love this hobby and been reading about it since i was 13. i am sorry for the poor spelling and stuff but i'v got alot to learn ahead of me.

BC Sparky
06/08/2007, 12:32 AM
Underpar-

You wrote- "How much confidence can I have in the advice someone offers in such a highly specialized subject as we discuss here, when that person has such little mastery of his/her own language. "

Is that not a question? Don't be so petty. If you have trouble reading a post simply move to the next one- we are not here for an English lesson- in fact some people here do not even speak English as a first language. We all have a common interest- let's focus on that!

WarEagleNR88
06/08/2007, 12:42 AM
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/)! It works great and even spell checks for you!

I agree wholeheartedly underpar, some posts are unbelievable. I'm not the greatest with grammar, but I try. It's almost as though some people type as fast as they can to put something out there hoping people can understand them. Then they start throwing in these ridiculous instant messenger acronyms and before you know it, you're spending more time deciphering the thread instead of reading what they have to say. Reminds me of stepping up to those self-checkout lines at stores only to find the person before somehow left the language on Espanol. You're pressing buttons trying to figure out what they say hoping to hit the one that resets back to English when all you want to do is check-out. Firefox should have a global button to turn gibberish into written English.

All the ill spoken grammar aside, underpar, you have to agree, petco is ridiculous.

loosecannon
06/08/2007, 01:04 AM
hi got a funny petco story here. i went to my naberhood stor,and saw a oscer on the floor . i went to the seals woman,and told here . she gave me a bad look, so i walk back to the fish and put him in with some guppy,s ha ha ha. p. s. to the poofeser. i brook a tehers konws in hi shcool and i think he was niceer than u. and you stell have fish/only after 30 yrs. i went all reef after one dummy!

drummereef
06/08/2007, 01:08 AM
Very funny but it's actually a very sad situation they have there. I recently made the mistake of going in one. I actually said outloud to the fish in the tanks, "I'm sorry this has to be your life". Maybe I'm the crazy one.

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 01:12 AM
no way man i agree. 100% your not crazy.

WarEagleNR88
06/08/2007, 01:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10101311#post10101311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by loosecannon p. s. to the poofeser. i brook a tehers konws in hi shcool and i think he was niceer than u. and you stell have fish/only after 30 yrs. i went all reef after one dummy! P.S. to the professor. I broke a teacher's nose in high school and I think he was nicer than you. And you still have fish/only after 30 years. I went all reef after one, dummy!

Loosecannon, you only perpetuate the problem, sir. Have a little more respect for the English language and others around you. And we're so proud of you for breaking a teacher's nose. My what a big man you are!

Mariner908, spelling, proper punctuation, capitalization and correct sentence structure will pay huge dividends in your future--especially if a degree of higher learning is in it. Who knows, one day your own personal success could be influenced by the things you write.

ChrisB
06/08/2007, 02:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10101178#post10101178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mariner908
come on im 16 years old, a freshman in high school...
I applaud you, it takes guts to admit that. Hang in there because I've known plenty of kids that struggled early and went on to get a diploma.
Don't give up.

Now, like Sparky said, let's refocus on the ignorant Petco employees.:p

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 05:44 AM
haha thanks

snuggle2me
06/08/2007, 08:24 AM
mariner908 keep up the funny lfs posts. I love to read the personal experiences that people have at lfs. And dont let close minded people get to you about grammer.

Now professor, As an adult you should know better about insulting others grammer or typing. If you feel the need to insult one or correct one then do it at school. But then again its probably teachers like you that make a child feel like they arent worth anything and then they come back and take out their hurt on students and teachers like you. I am sure you see enough of it happening on the news. But i wont go into that.. Just be glad this young man is on here posting funny topics and not out robbing lfs:) Now its a good thing mariner908 posted that he is young and didnt take offence to your remark. He could of very well been an adult that might not of had the ability to finish highschool and learn the proper grammer but still makes an effort to post. So all you peeps out there that dont like to read the post where one's spelling isnt so good either please dont post or dont read and just press the back button and move on. Not everyone is on the learning level as the professor so please dont put everyone up to your set of standards. Sorry if this comes off as harsh but i have read many post that start off simple and end up like this one bashing the poster for typing mistakes. Lighten up guys and keep this site fun and not where people are afraid to post because they might make a typo and get bashed.

markandkristen
06/08/2007, 08:48 AM
ive never expected much out of Petco.
When i walk into walmart and see thier fish i dont expect much out of their fish department either.
it is what it is..
i can just imagine what they pay thier employees and Petco and wonder what requirements they hold on knowledgeability.

cloudjockey
06/08/2007, 08:59 AM
underpar ....... This is a reef/fish forum not an english/grammer forum. There are a lot of younger people here also. I was reading one post with poor grammer and someone "made fun" of it, turned out that the guy had a stroke two years before and it missed his spelling up. Just something to think about

EdKruzel
06/08/2007, 09:46 AM
Enough of the grammar badgering, the point has been made. Stick to the topic at hand or I'll have to close this thread.

Before ending, I have a Petco story as well. I do go to Petco in Las Cruces, NM. It's the only place (close to me) that sells natural sea water, which I use for my water changes. I've had all the funny conversations with employees and their outlandish thoughts on keeping marine fish (basic lack of experience) but what gets me most is their pricing. The fish are identified properly but the cost is outrageous on some common species while others that should be marked higher are dirt cheap. I recently found a small Jewel Tang for $24 and Flame Angels for $15. On the flip side, they had a Picasso Trigger (very tiny) for around $80. :confused:

ChrisB
06/08/2007, 10:00 AM
I have noticed the pricing thing too. We don't have an LFS in my town, so I frequently stop by Petco just to see what they've gotten in.
They actually seem to be a great place to buy macros. They regularly get a wide variety and they will literally stuff one of those "fish baggies" full for $1.95. Skunk cleaners are like $7.

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 11:32 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10102609#post10102609 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EdKruzel
Enough of the grammar badgering, the point has been made. Stick to the topic at hand or I'll have to close this thread.

Before ending, I have a Petco story as well. I do go to Petco in Las Cruces, NM. It's the only place (close to me) that sells natural sea water, which I use for my water changes. I've had all the funny conversations with employees and their outlandish thoughts on keeping marine fish (basic lack of experience) but what gets me most is their pricing. The fish are identified properly but the cost is outrageous on some common species while others that should be marked higher are dirt cheap. I recently found a small Jewel Tang for $24 and Flame Angels for $15. On the flip side, they had a Picasso Trigger (very tiny) for around $80. :confused:

i'v been meaning to ask, how is that water? i was always afraid of using it cause i was worried about like ammonia and stuff like that but now that i think of it why would they sell water infestid with ammonia but anyways hows the quality on it?

seapug
06/08/2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, i've had some "interesting" conversations with Aquatic Dept. employees at the local Petco near me as well, but most actually admit when they don't know something or at least seem interested when I suggest putting thier Condylactis anemones in a tank with stronger lighting.

I'd rather have that situation than the opposite I frequently have at another "specialty" LFS near me-- they NEVER admit when they're wrong. For example, I have a 48" outer orbit fixture with 2 X 48" PC actinics. When it came time to replace them I went to the "pro" place to see if they carried them and one of the guys there actually told me "There's no such thing as 48" PC actinics. They aren't made." I could have showed them the Current USA website with the product specs, but decided it wasn't worth the time.

Nobody can be expected to know everything. What's important is being open to learning about things you don't know.

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 12:09 PM
dry goods at petco arnt that bad, i just wouldnt recomend taking the advice ha

pmartin727
06/08/2007, 12:11 PM
Last time I checked this was reef central........

NOT PROOF READING CENTRAL..........

OR ENGLISH GRAMMER CENTRAL.............

GO TO DICTIONARY CENTRAL..................

And leave the people who CARE about the hobbie alone.

I already know about petco but I am sure there people who did not ....

So thanks for the post.....

A REAL REEF CENTRAL FAN!

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 12:14 PM
i thank you for standing up for me very much but we are having a good time in this thread and i dont want to get is closed. lets just keep it to petco and other funny LFS storries. but i do thank everyone in my favor.

bunkerboy
06/08/2007, 12:14 PM
Petco here in binghamton NY does not even sell salt water fish last time i was there, and either does Petsmart... or was that "Petsdumb?" Bunker

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 12:17 PM
haha im not sure if any petsmarts carry saltwater fish i havent come apon one yet. but all the petcos i'v seen have a saltwater section

papagimp
06/08/2007, 12:34 PM
it's sad petco hires employees like this, can't take care of customers if you do not know their products. But in their defense, 2 of the best clownfish (ocellaris) I've ever owned came from petsmart. As well as a nice neon goby I had, had an awesome sabae (for about $12) but unfortunately, my urchin thought he tasted good. You can definatly walk into a petco and leave with some awesome deals, but you have to be extremely mindful of the livestock you are purchasing, watch them closely before making any decisions, ask the sales rep to feed the livestock so you can see, and definatly do not ask anyone for "advise" of anykind, do your own research and use your best common sense.

Unfortunatly Petco looks to be staying in business, and there are enough people out there buying up livestock from stores like this without any clue what they're doing and the only advice they get is from employees who havn't a clue either. It's so sad but true. We should all do our best to educate our fellow hobbyist and any newbies interested in saltwater. This will be the only way to stop stores such as this hurting the hobby the way they do.

fwiw Mariner, I thoroughly enjoyed your petco story, I love trying to prove people like that wrong. Especially when there hardheaded and don't listen. :D

alexb518
06/08/2007, 12:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10101108#post10101108 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by underpar

I am a retired educator and I am, at times, appalled by some of the postings that appear on this site. The misspellings, the poor grammar, and the absolutely atrocious writing are enough to make one wonder if some of these folks ever even sat in an English class. Let alone passed one! How much confidence can I have in the advice someone offers in such a highly specialized subject as we discuss here, when that person has such little mastery of his/her own language.
And, on top of that, to use such poor communication skills to laugh at and to ridicule another goes beyond the pale.
Perhaps I am a bit over-the-hill, but I have always tried to be careful how I write. It may be the only source of information from which someone will make a judgement about me.
Regarding the dictionary...it is a truly fascinating book, filled with a seemingly endless stream of information and knowledge. Try it sometime.

Peace, Fred

what are you some kind of bigot? first off, there are some people on here who are less educated than others, and some who are highly educated. since we're prejudging here, i'll throw it out and say that educators are not among those on this site, which are highly educated and you must not have a lot of money. second, you forgot to even consider that many on this site are NOT american--they try their best. finally, this site is about fish and nobody is here to get a lesson in english from you. personally, i was amused by his story and ignored the misspellings.

hmello@bermexin
06/08/2007, 01:00 PM
Was in a LFS the other day asking about target feeding a candycane coral they had in their tank for sale. The sales person said "you never target feed coral, do you think in the ocean there are little nymphs that go around "dropping" food on the coral"?
Needless to say I shook my head and left. They lost that sale.

Doahh
06/08/2007, 01:07 PM
The local PetCo employee actually showed me some pictures of his 55 gallon reef tank setup. It was a very nice tank with MH lighting and he actually knew what he was talking about and would NOT sell a tank that recently had some form of parasite.
What I'm saying here is it's hit or miss with PetsMart/Co because my PetsMart's have a very good healthy FW selection.

BTW I'm 14 and a freshman and I still type like I'm an adult. Typing is a skill and if someone doesn't use it right than don't make fun of them. It just takes a while to get used to it.

papagimp
06/08/2007, 01:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10103810#post10103810 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hmello@bermexin
The sales person said "you never target feed coral, do you think in the ocean there are little nymphs that go around "dropping" food on the coral"?
Needless to say I shook my head and left. They lost that sale.

LOL sea nymphs! :lol:

Doahh
06/08/2007, 02:04 PM
So now we don't have to feed fish also? There are no Sea Nymphs that do that!

hmello@bermexin
06/08/2007, 02:14 PM
I don't know I may be stretching but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he would know that fish swim and can get their own food. I think he was just saying that nothing drops food on the coral.

At least I hope that he is that intelligent anyway.

jimbo78
06/08/2007, 02:18 PM
I was 14 as a freshman in high school:rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

Tehrab
06/08/2007, 02:50 PM
Grammarz? Wut r theez grammarz u speek uv? plz advyze, kthx.

Also, PetCo's fish section is proof positive that we still need the puppy-sales ban in our beloved country.

Randall_James
06/08/2007, 04:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10102609#post10102609 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EdKruzel

Volkman
06/08/2007, 04:14 PM
Lighten up guys and keep this site fun and not where people are afraid to post because they might make a typo and get bashed.

I second this comment!! :)

Volkman
06/08/2007, 04:20 PM
[i]<a href=showthread.php? Lighten up guys and keep this site fun and not where people are afraid to post because they might make a typo and get bashed. [/B]

I second that comment...... I have learned SO much from everyone here, bad spelling/grammer or not.

"Why can't we all just get along????"" :lol:

papagimp
06/08/2007, 04:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10104423#post10104423 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tehrab
Also, PetCo's fish section is proof positive that we still need the puppy-sales ban in our beloved country.

What's this puppy-sales ban?

Tehrab
06/08/2007, 05:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10105043#post10105043 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by papagimp
What's this puppy-sales ban? Well, it's not a ban per se, it's to do with the AWA (Animal Welfare Act) and how the Feds and States regulate retail pet shops. In many countries, these regulations do not exist so puppy mills, poor treatment and general nastiness ensue as these animals go to market.

I go all PETA when it comes to poorly treated dogs.

gsellers1245
06/08/2007, 05:41 PM
i will chime in and how rediculous petco is and what a waste of time they are but i might go there and try to get a part time job just for the sake of the fishies....yes yes i know im 24 and i still call them fishies.
Just think about it, a good man once said:
FISH HAVE THE RIGHT TO QUALITY OF LIFE TOO!!!!!
I almost think you have to be retarded to work there (no offense if any of you are retarded)
oh well what can ya do?

loosecannon
06/08/2007, 05:54 PM
hey fighter pilot, i looked that teacher right in the eye wan i hit him, i did not drop bomb,s on kids from two mils up! what a big man you are?

ahullsb
06/08/2007, 06:06 PM
I think it's about time for this thread to get shut down....this is getting ridiculous. I want to hear some petco stories, not watch everyone bash each other....plus it's friday. And loosecannon the cheap shots directed at the military are pathetic. Whether you like it or not he is protecting your right to say the ignorant things you have said thus far.

Nanemene
06/08/2007, 06:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10101108#post10101108 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by underpar

Peace, Fred

I'm going to second this motion. It's hilarious to read a post in which the author is attempting to be arrogant and point out how "stupid" other people are, then read something like this:

"then this ones is the last one and its a pretty good one. cause of the first 2 explinations that she gave me i figured i'd like to know how much light thows little mushrooms need."

I guess, at the least, it beats all the people who post 10-line, run-on sentences with absolutely no organization of the thoughts.

zma21
06/08/2007, 06:22 PM
I was fired from petco. The reason was that i was strongly suggesting that a person did not buy two clown tangs, a blue tang, and a volitan lionfish for their 22 gallon cube.

I was fired on the spot, humiliated, and the guy went home with 3 tangs and a damn lionfish.

I don't miss 'em.

zma21
06/08/2007, 06:25 PM
By blue tang, I mean powder blue tang. Sorry for double posting.

0 Agios
06/08/2007, 06:39 PM
me wass aspelingg be at hig schol profesoro

0 Agios
06/08/2007, 06:44 PM
This is an international (from all over the world) forum Mr English professor. So be kind and don't bash people about their spelling mistakes. After all this not your 2nd grade English class, theres no English tests here. Be nice the man just wanted his fellow reefers to have a good lagh. sorry laugh.

kathainbowen
06/08/2007, 06:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10105620#post10105620 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zma21
I don't miss 'em.

My good friend was fired after a secret shopper caught her doing two Petco "no-nos." Beth had been skating on thin ice with her coworkers after doing waterchanges on the systems and, when she became a manager, for making the staff ALSO do waterchanges. Her secret shopper was insisting on buying danios that were absolutely INFESTED with ich, which she would not sell. While that was bad enough, the nail in the coffin for her was when Beth recommended a cheaper and better Fluval filter over a crappy Tetra filter. At the time, Petco had a deal with the manufacturer to plug Tetra products over others.

See, this is the saddest thing of all for me about Petcos. I know there were employees there at that particular Petco who took neglectful care of the animals (Not just fish. Reptiles, birds, and small mammals, too!) and gave terrible advice and information all the time. Beth actually cared and gave sound advice, in addition to researching when she herself couldn't answer.

Alas. I just try to avoid Petcos anymore unless the reef store I usually go to is out of something I am have a dire need for.

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 07:08 PM
sorry for not spell checking...

sorry for having run on sentences...

on othernote, this happened a wile back but i found it kind of funny. i was in petsmart and this crazy guy came up to me and was telling me about his saltwater tank and how its running so good. but the story turned over when he told me its best never ever ever to do a water change no matter what i told him i was running skimmerless and sumpless and he stuck to it like flys on cow poo still said dont ever change the water. then he was starting to say how your nitrates are supposed to be around 40 and your nitrites should be 40ppm aswell haha i said thats a recipie for disater. he said well its been running fine for me its been up and running for 1 week now. so i told him how the cycle works and he understood it after a wile. it made me feel good about myself haha i dont know why but it did lol.

Tallman50
06/08/2007, 07:08 PM

Peace, Fred

WOW....Would someone please pull the stick outta Mr. Crotchety McCrappy pants' petty little a** please. Give me a break dude, you are NOT here to grade people's posts on correct spelling and punctuation. Sounds like you need to go back to teaching if you have such a mental problem that you cant let go being the "grammar police" You arent dealing with elementary kids here son. People like you just bother me.

Anyways, back on the SUBJECT.
The Petco near me, their tanks are always infested with ick, its unbelievable (and disturbing) that they can get away with selling fish with little white dots on them.

garyw68
06/08/2007, 07:25 PM
i make a feew spulllin misstakes. take itt essy mistur edukater....

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 07:30 PM
ooh i almost forgot, this one is acctually sad. i was talking with an employee at petco once and she was telling me a story about how there was no garentee on there saltwater fish, she was telling me about this one time some other woman came in to purchase here entire live stock in one trip. it consist of 2 perc clowns 1 yellow tang 1 bta 1 mushroom rock 4 damsels and 4 snails. the woman went home and acclimated the fish and corals and stuff and 2 days later everything was dead. she brought it all back to petco and complained about how everything died. petco then asked her the following questions AFTER she had made the purchase and everything was dead. how long has the tank been setup for? what is your salinity? what is your nitrate,nitrite,ammonia.and ph readings? the woman awswered "the tank has been running for 3 weeks" "i dont know what the salinity is" "i dont know what thows things are" she was somewhat smart and brought in water from the tank to be tested. her nitrates were non readable her nitrites and ammonia were also non readable her ph read 7.2 the others where not readalbe cause she used table salt to mix in with the water her salinity was about .014 (if i remember correctly) i dont know how big the tank was but for all that, that quickly she was asking for a death wish for the tank. in a way it was both of there falts for not researching and asking questions. the person at petco should have asked all the questions BEFORE she made the purchase she also shoulnt have sold all thows fish to her at once. the woman on the other hand should have done her research and done it the correct way instead of just rushing into it and thinking she was going to have a beautiful tank over night.

i guess this post is for the newbies, do alot alot alot of reasearch dont be afraid to ask questions (just check your spelling lol)

0 Agios
06/08/2007, 07:44 PM
"grammar police" LOL :)

ahullsb
06/08/2007, 07:50 PM
we need an avatar for that! haha

Kengaroo131
06/08/2007, 08:06 PM
hahaha

petoonia
06/08/2007, 08:24 PM
Wow, why cant people just stick to what the thread is about. Its a funny thread, but its gonna get shut down because nobody can let the grammar thing go.

poppin_fresh
06/08/2007, 08:58 PM
I'm going to apologize for my grizzamer in advance...I've had a few.

I've only bought fish from Petco once in my life, four BG Chromis. I have to admit that the girl (hot, I might add) ran me through the wringer before she would get the fish for me. She asked me several questions about my tank, its age and what I already had in it.

This Petco seemed to have at least one knowledgeable employee, but for some reason they stopped selling SW fish last year.

Reefcherie
06/09/2007, 05:02 AM
<i><br>Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.</i>

This thread is just a train wreck of problems! We have a Vendor Experiences forum if you wish to post a specific instance of a problem with a vendor. This thread is more of a free-for-all of bashing and name calling and it is being closed.

Reefcherie
RC Moderator