PDA

View Full Version : ot: need lawer

gunnwong
06/07/2007, 12:38 AM
Is any lawer out there that I can talk to I have some question here. I'm being sue by some people and want to know what I can do about it.
Thank you
PS. please send pm and I will call you just tell me when is the best time to call.

Story
About the accident: I have an accident about 2 year ago and it my false. I thought the case is settle long time ago, it a miner accident no one get hurt, so I thought they other guy should sue my insurance and every thing should be ok. But last monday there are a guy from the court deliver me a paper said I'm being sue by the that guy, he sue me as individual. I call my insurance last night and the guy said just send him the paper and he will take care of it. He said the case is not done yet due to the other party asking for too much money and my insurance won't pay them so the case is still in the court. Now in the paper he sue me for the total of $550,000!!!! and no I'm not have accident with any of the super car.

ezcompany
06/07/2007, 12:53 AM
i am going to try this one lawyer. if he is good i will recommend him to you.

jjirsa78
06/07/2007, 12:57 AM
I call my insurance last night and the guy said just send him the paper and he will take care of it. He said the case is not done yet due to the other party asking for too much money and my insurance won't pay them so the case is still in the court

Sounds like you already know what to do ... just let your insurance handle it. Probably not a bad idea to find a lawyer, but you dont need to go to court to defend the case until your insurance company is finished with them. Basically the guy is asking for too much, the insurance company knows it, and they'll win when it gets to court.

You want the insurance company to finish their case before you deal with the individual, because if the insurance company wins, the judge will have a very easy decision to make on any subsequent cases.

gunnwong
06/07/2007, 01:03 AM
Thank you but my is diff from you coz my insurance said they will take care of it but I'm just afraid that if it not turn out the way it should be then I will be own someone $500k so it kind of that some person will own my life for about 2-3 years of my life.
thanks

rob408
06/07/2007, 10:13 AM
I work as a professional liability adjuster for agents. You're insurance company will be defending you in the lawsuit. Your insurance company has a duty to try to resolve the case amicably. If not, then they will try the case. If they try the case, then they pretty much has up to your policy limit (what is it anyway) to play with. Anything over that will be your own responsibility. You can hire a lawyer to take a look at the case and determine the case value. If he finds that your insurance company should be paying more than what they are offering, then you can sue your insurance company for bad faith.

However you decide to go with this case, good luck.

FishyBiz
06/07/2007, 11:12 AM
Don't hire a lawyer yet.
This exact thing just happened to my girlfriend. She rear ended someone two years ago and it was so minor that the insurance company denied the other guys claim. They tried to sue her and the insurance company took care of it.
Let the insurance company waist their money on a lawyer! After all you paid them to cover you in a situation such as this. Trust me, your insurance company knows what can happen here if they don't help you out.
Talk with your insurance company and let them know that taking care of this is priority ONE for you. Be stern but professional about it.