PDA

View Full Version : any ideas? no picture sorry

trdofwrkin
05/31/2007, 04:41 PM
i discovered this worm in my tank this morning. there are a few of them. im sorry i dont have a camera that will work well enough. try to picture a pearl necklace so small that you need a magnify glass to get a really good look at it. thats exactly waht it looks like. and its also white. its living in the substrate 1/4 in below the surface.. its against the side of the aquarium. they are any where fron 1/8 of an inch long to 1/2 inch long. they are not much thicker than a hair...i know this sounds corny but its the only way i can describe it. i have a 12g aquapod stock. my water is fine. i have 2 true percs, 1 bta 1 xenia some zoos green star polyps and green mushrooms. cant find a website that has anything like it. any suggestions

T Man
05/31/2007, 08:34 PM
It's very hard to say with no pictures, but luckily we have Melev- checky, checky............http://www.melevsreef.com/id/
This is a great example of what's on the reef. Welcome to Reef Central!! TinMan

trdofwrkin
05/31/2007, 10:01 PM
thanks for your help i was there already and couldnt find a thing.......my digital camera isnt good enough for how small these are. pardon the expression but i had to get grandma glasses (cheap magnifying spectacles) and a magnifying glass to see them myself....

T Man
05/31/2007, 10:15 PM
Couldn't find there huh? Check out TBS organism section for worms. http://www.tbsaltwater.com/thepackage/organisms.html
TinMan

trdofwrkin
05/31/2007, 11:48 PM
well i checked that sight out also...thanks i saw some neat looking stuff on there. but unfortunately not the worms....any other suggestions...ill keep lookin until i fing them....my tank is at work and im on vacation starting right now for a week. i think my sister has a camera that can take the picture. ill see her tomorrow. ill slip into work on saturday and see if i cant get a pic. hopefully ill have the picture here this weekend. .

dc
06/01/2007, 11:30 AM
LOL, I think I know what you mean but I've never seen exactly what they were, kind of remind me of a chain or something. They seem to come and go in my tank. Never have been a problem.

trdofwrkin
06/01/2007, 01:14 PM
yes your right dc, they do kind of look like a chain. my son has a 110g tank and he had no idea what they were. so he said just remove them. when in doubt get it out. i got the net last night before i left work and wanted to scoop them out and they werent there. un believeable. like you said they come and go. im glad someone sorta knows what im talkin about. ill keep an eye on them and see what happens. ill still try to get that picture.

LeslieH
06/02/2007, 12:23 PM
Quite likely it's a capitellid polychaete or an oligochaete. The body segments are often rounded and they do look like strings of beads. Both types are useful subsurface detritivores so leave it alone & hope it reproduces.

trdofwrkin
06/02/2007, 01:25 PM
thanks leslie check your pm