PDA

View Full Version : Help: Placement of Hammer and Torch Coral

Irie Mon
05/30/2007, 11:52 PM
My LFS told me I should place my Hammer and Torch frags in a medium to high position in my tank.

Researching online tells me medium to low position. All considering you are dealing with moderate lighting.

I have 2 X 55 watt T5 PC's. 10,000K Actinic (34G)

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.....

MJSavage
06/01/2007, 10:13 PM
My Hammer and Frogspawn are doing well exactly midway down in my RSM. All stock lighting & flow. I would expect Torch to do the same.

Mike

Scythanith
06/01/2007, 10:38 PM
I dont think I can find where it says what size tank you have, how deep is the tank? I had 4 55 watt PC's on my tank at ~ 18" deep and they did well, not a crazy amount of growth but they were nicely coloured and healthy. If I were you I'd mount it higher in the tank depending on the depth of your tank.

side note, I just upgraded to 6 39 watt T5's running on an IC 660 and 430.... UNREAL. Best thing I ever done for my tank!

Cheers

Irie Mon
06/02/2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info... My hammer is positioned high and seems to be happy so far so I'll keep it there for now.

Question: when you get a decent sized coral with a very small base (rock piece) do you use puddy to attach it to the LR in the tank? I'm having trouble making my additions stay in place....

MJSavage
06/03/2007, 09:28 AM
Yes. I use AquaMend from Home Depot.

Mike