PDA

View Full Version : white ring around acan mouths

iflytoohigh
05/29/2007, 06:44 PM
" white ring around acan mouths "

i saw someone mention this in an earlier thread in relation to some sort of acan disease. is this true? i am new to acans and not familiar at all with them. i have an acan lord that i got and it is seemingly doing well. it is getting nice and fat fleshy heads, and polyps out at night. it eats mysis like a savage. however, there are chalky looking white rings around the mouths. it did not have these when i first got it, but it was no where near as fleshed out as it is now. so, do i worry about this chalky white ring around the mouths? i thought it was just part of the coloration.

any ideas, comments, suggestions?

Hypertek99
05/29/2007, 09:17 PM
Does it look like it's melting away or losing the bright colors??? I was the one that mentioned it in another thread. The number one symptom i had was that they stopped eating so if yours stopped eating then i would get worried. But my overcame the disease and it's growing back now. Lost a lot of color but it survived.

iflytoohigh
05/29/2007, 09:35 PM
on the contrary for mine. i didn't notice any white ring until it started getting fleshy. it eats great and polyps out at night like crazy. it's a colony of about 80+ heads of purple acan lord. well, i suppose if it stops eating i get concerned. i'll try and get a pic of it.

Hypertek99
05/29/2007, 10:59 PM
mine was a pastel purple and green one.

iflytoohigh
06/06/2007, 11:41 PM
finally got some pics. what do you guys think?

there is kind of a chalky looking white ring around the mouths. it was not there originally, but there now. does anyone else have any acans with this coloration?

http://www.subcultpop.com/nanoreef/3.jpg

http://www.subcultpop.com/nanoreef/4.jpg

Hypertek99
06/06/2007, 11:55 PM
Those look normal to me. Are they melting away or changing color??? After i got the white ring on mine it started to melt away and changed from the purple and green to brown. The white ring finally went away and it's starting to make a comeback now. Just lost a lot of color.

iflytoohigh
06/07/2007, 12:00 AM
no melting away. i've noticed some new growth around the edges though. so looks like im worrying for nothing.