PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it drilled

a1amap
05/28/2007, 12:40 PM
After much thought and my over the top overflow siphon failing, I drilled my 75 gallon. That first hole gave me 10 new gray hairs. I put 3 holes to start. 2 for the overflow 1 for the closed loop. All returns are over the top. I also painted the back black. I like it better so the whole tank will be switched to black. After seeing it done, I wish I had done it from the start. I spent more money on that stupid OTT siphon then all the plumbing and the bits for the holes.

Anyone have any coraline that they are cleaning off there tank? I ccould use it to speed seed my tank.

Also need a little Kalk or joes juice, not much. I got 5 pieces of rock recently that seems to have about 15 aptasia on it. 1 large and the rest small.

By the time we have our september meeting my tank will be ready to show(also the tap will be in). So if we need a meeting place that month I'm in.

Thanks

kaptken
05/28/2007, 02:31 PM
sounds good Al. I guess you drilled the holes in the back glass, not the bottom. Your might try a thick slurry of baked baking soda on the aptasia. if you dont have any kalk. might be strong enough. after baking it makes a little higher PH. or buy a couple cheap pepermint shrimp. if anyone has them in stock.

cdangel0
05/28/2007, 08:50 PM
Al -

I have plenty of coraline - your welcome to come over and pick some up, I have some big chunks I can flake off the rocks. If you can figure out how to get it off the glass to take home you're welcome to clean the back walls off completely.

Craig

a1amap
05/30/2007, 11:11 AM
I have a razor blade and a net

4n4sd4
05/30/2007, 12:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10032669#post10032669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cdangel0
Al -

I have plenty of coraline - your welcome to come over and pick some up, I have some big chunks I can flake off the rocks. If you can figure out how to get it off the glass to take home you're welcome to clean the back walls off completely.

Craig
Heck, if your just giving it away.... i'll take some too :D I can't seem to get mine to start fast enough.

Sorry did not mean to jack the tread.

cdangel0
05/30/2007, 01:18 PM
I'll be home all day Saturday - I'm starting to get nice coverage on the back glass and the wife hates it - grab your razor blades and come on over.

One caveat - you have to get it off the front glass before you're allowed to touch the back glass :D

a1amap
06/02/2007, 10:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10032669#post10032669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cdangel0
Al -

Craig

Thanks for the coraline algae spores. I blew it on the rock. BTW I found my missing fighting conch he just appeared after being missing for 1 month

cdangel0
06/03/2007, 06:45 PM
Glad you found the conch- still don't understand how you lose something that big for a month. That would be like me misplacing my two year old in his bedroom.

But at least he's back safe and sound. Let me kow when the coraline takes off in the tank - want to see some before and after pics.

a1amap
06/03/2007, 07:29 PM
I dug in the sand everywhere my hand would fit and could not find him. When I got home he was smack in the middle of my tank.