PDA

View Full Version : I have a Medusa Worm head

sethshaun
05/28/2007, 09:25 AM
about 2 months ago i had a two foot long medusa worm in my 55, well somtimes it could shrink and get really fat....(like normal) but while cleaning the strainer on my hob filter i found a quarter size piece of medusa flesh. the worm seemed fine and i had assumed since it was a simple organism that it would heal. Maybe two weeks later it had dropped half of its body length but the remaining piece...head included was feeding like normal so i kept an eye on it but again assumed it was salvaging the good part of itself to regenerate whatever was missing...it continued feeding and roaming the tank...btw i had tested the tank twice just in case the dropped piece was rotting somewhere but everything is as normal (which is ph 8.2,No2 0, No3 0, NH3/NH4 0, )
So another two and a half weeks pass and now its down to just a head pulling itself around the tank, looking like its feeding anyway. quite interesting to watch but difficult to take a picture of...i would like to know if these can regenerate that much of the body or is it by now just running around like a chicken with no head? yeah...analogy not so good i know...
but maybe this is just a simple creature that is continueing its motions untill it dies? as of right now there is no way for it to process food i think, its just a head?