PDA

View Full Version : Great quote.

SeanT
05/27/2007, 11:52 PM
I know it is from a serial killer...but it may have changed his life if he followed through.

When asked where he thought he went wrong, Jeffrey Dahmer said:
"I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and got myself an aquarium, that's what I should have done."

At times my tank made me want to explode, but all in all, it is an effort of inner peace.

Jamesurq
05/28/2007, 09:44 AM
Interesting. I did some digging and he speaks further on the subject:

"It was nice, with African cichlids and tiger barbs in it and live plants, it was a beautifully kept fish tank, very clean … I used to like to just sit there and watch them swim around, basically. I used to enjoy the planning and the set-up, the filtration, read about how to keep the nitrate and ammonia down to safe levels and just the whole spectrum of fish-keeping interested me … I once saw some puffer fish in the store. It's a round fish, and the only ones I ever saw with both eyes in front, like a person's eyes, and they would come right up to the front of the glass and their eyes would be crystal blue, like a person's, real cute… It's a fun hobby. I really enjoyed that fish tank. It's something I really miss."

But then a few moments later he says this:
"I separated the joints, the arm joints, the leg joints, and had to do two boilings. I think I used four boxes of Soilex for each one, put in the upper portion of the body and boiled that for about two hours and then the lower portion for another two hours. The Soilex removes all the flesh, turns it into a jelly like-like substance and it just rinses off. Then I laid the clean bones in a light bleach solution, left them there for a day and spread them out on either newspaper or cloth and let them dry for about a week in the bedroom"

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

dc
05/28/2007, 09:56 AM
Eww, I suppose every evil/sick person has a softer side. They are somebodies child after all.

PoukieBear
05/28/2007, 11:47 AM
i wouldn't be admiting it if that guy was my child....

Scuba_Dave
05/28/2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think you should label anything from a serial killer as "great"