PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a lot of frogspawn?

chrisstie
05/26/2007, 01:35 PM
I've got a large piece of branching frogspawn.. green with pinkish tips.. maybe 6-8 heads.. they are still in the process of splitting apart and forming their own separate head. I can get a pic of it later but here's a pic when it first went in my tank maybe 6 months or so ago with just 4 heads

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/355489651_c3cad383a5.jpg

My tank was new then and still had a bit of algae left over so ignore that part;p

I'm looking to trade this big piece for something interesting but im not sure what?

tonysdiscus
05/26/2007, 01:55 PM
how much areyou looking to get for it?

chrisstie
05/26/2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not looking for money just to trade for something that may be closeish in value?

If worse comes to worse I'll bring it to the frag auction next month but I'd rather get something nice to go in its place. It's just not working out with the other corals I have in the tank right now. I like to keep most of my LPS on the bottom and its taking up a lot of rock where I could put SPS or some palys or mushrooms or something more along what I usually collect.

I initially got this as a potential host for my clowns but alas, their veggie clip (then a duncan, then a mushroom, who knows what they'll jiggle their bootay in tomorrow?) is more interesting to them :(

rdmpe
05/27/2007, 06:52 AM
Can the frogspawn be split/fragged? I'd be interested in putting half in my 180 and half or less in my 24.

I have a really nice Acropora Valida frag I could trade you for it. The frag is 3.5" to 4" with multiple branches. Here is an OLD photo of the colony it came from:

http://www.randysreef.com/images/180/180-841.jpg

chrisstie
05/27/2007, 09:25 AM
Sent you a PM randy :)

For the others who messaged me please understand where I am coming from.. I'd prefer to not take cash, that isn't what I am after. I'd just like something else to go in this guys place in my tank. Its a 12" wide 55g so room is at a premium and these beautiful swaying tentacles are causing me trouble with nearby more delicate corals.

Thanks for understanding :)

sttaylor
05/28/2007, 09:35 PM
Easy to frag Randy, just cut the heads anywhere below the soft tissue.

Scott