PDA

View Full Version : Club Officers terms expire in 2 weeks!

imsqueak
05/24/2007, 07:08 PM
Hey folks. We are really behind on this one. We need to vote for new officers. First step is to get some nominations. Who wants to be the receiver of nominations?

We need to have this process completed by the next meeting.

Runner, can you send an email blast email to everyone requesting nominations for new club officers?

ct_vol
05/24/2007, 08:47 PM
The receiver of nominations doesn't really matter... Its who wants to collect the votes... lol ;) I can receive the nominations if that helps... :D

I nominate Melly for President again... LOL :lolspin:

imsqueak
05/24/2007, 09:26 PM
I'll second that. And thanks for volunteering however I nominate you for VP. IMO, that doesnt preclude you from taking the nominations but the vote talley needs to be taken by someone not in the running.

I'm done as far as serving as an officer - I will not accept a position/nomination. At least for the next year. I've done my duty and served for 2 yrs...

awcurl
05/25/2007, 09:00 AM
:o I think we need to ask for volunteers who are interested in being a club officer and nominate only those persons for the positions That way we at least get someone that is sincerely interested in being a officer and is more likely going to make an effort to do what is required.IMO
:bum:

cee
05/25/2007, 09:10 AM
I think you should delay voting a month or so (maybe more) for the following reasons:
1) The start of summer is a bad time to have maximum club participation with vactions, etc.
2) The full club membership is not known since dues are due the same month as the elections.
I think you should do elections during the prime participation seasons, like the fall or winter. Also, I think the club should offer some incentive for people to be officers, like no membership fees for the following year or something. Just my 0.02.

Dave

ct_vol
05/25/2007, 11:01 AM
OT: I just thought this was hilarious...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s134/XAWP/horse.gif

ART FOR VP!!!!!!!!!

imsqueak
05/25/2007, 09:03 PM
good ideas from Art and Dave...
But IMO lets not put off the officer nominations and elections.

Who would like to serve on our BOD? If you'd like to be considered for all, or certain positions, please let us know on this thread. I did my two years (secretary and VP) after a year or two in the club. There's not much to it except the Treasurer and Pres has "real responsibilities". Now might be a good time to review our rules and bylaws if you havent yet. http://www.easttnreefclub.com/

imsqueak
05/28/2007, 06:36 PM
bump for club participation...

ct_vol
05/28/2007, 07:47 PM
I haven't received any nominations... I don't think anyone wants to volunteer... lol :lolspin:

EvilMel
05/28/2007, 09:06 PM
I sure as sh*t don't. hah hah

EvilMel
05/29/2007, 03:17 PM
Not that it isn't wonderful to be an officer.

Don't let me discourage all of you from volunteering!!

Don't you love power? Wouldn't you like glory? Well then the ETRC board is right for you! Join it NOW!

ct_vol
05/29/2007, 04:12 PM
Do you have to be a member to be on the board???

EvilMel
05/30/2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah, but the way it usually works is this:
the nominations and elections are held in May, with the new officers taking office June 1, which coincides with when everyone's dues are due. That way, the new officers are still part of the club when they take office and then have to collect up everyone's money for dues right away.

It's not normally an issue that the officers might be delinquent on dues. But let's be honest folks...we've never been super strict about dues anyways (not strict enough).

Fishboy42
05/31/2007, 05:02 PM
I think DaveA has some good points. It is generally a bad time of year for the hobby because people are taking vacations and spending time outdoors (just ask anyone in the business side ;) )
Don is going to be out-of-town and may not be at the next meeting. I'm going to IMAC and then to PR again for a week, and I will be at the next meeting (right Randy?!), but I won't be able to do as much either.

Like Art said, I agree that we should take "inventory" and make sure that everyone who wants to be included is included, and that all those nominated for office are willing to serve in office (although we are generally pretty relaxed about "official duties;" just imagine making motions and such at a meeting with 6 people-- it just doesn't work, so we handle it informally). This also gives us *MEL* :D time to make sure that the membership is paid-up (not that we are super strict, like Mel says, but we can get organized before elections).

imsqueak
05/31/2007, 05:32 PM
When does school start back? Maybe we should have elections the following month? (and make it a permenent change in the by-laws)

Fishboy42
05/31/2007, 06:07 PM
Good idea; I think most schools start back in August (?). Elections then in September? I think we should keep the "dues date" at June 1 to avoid headaches in changing it, and then hopefully dues can be settled before elections 4 months later.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10031880#post10031880 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by imsqueak
bump for club participation...

No kiddin'; everyone please feel free to make suggestions; input is welcomed :)