PDA

View Full Version : Top off system from basement?

strendo
05/21/2007, 08:46 PM
My fresh water reservoir is in my basement. I have a 1/4 line connecting it to my sump via a float valve on the sump. Originaly I had it plumbed directly to the RO unit, but it was cranking out waste water the whole time, so now I have it going into a 35g drum.

For the first two weeks I used a dosing pump on a timer to refil my sump, with the float valve acting as a safety measure so it couldn't flood the sump. I don't know why but the dosing pump lost steam and wont pump the water all the way up to the sump anymore from the basement. Any idea what I could use? I read about a pump called a reeffiller. I need something that pumps slowly, but is strong enough to go 10ft up.

Also, I can't run power downt to the basement from the tank (the hole in the floor is too small) so I can't use a jbj top off system like I do in my office tank.

Any sugestions??

hansmatt
05/21/2007, 08:48 PM
Spectrapure has the litermeterIII, and a new auto top-off system. Both are pricy, but can pump with more head than a....well you get the idea. Over 25 feet I believe. Sounds like either could work in your setup.

strendo
05/21/2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks, I just looked it up. $300 is a little pricey anyone know anything cheaper?

fancyfish
05/21/2007, 09:24 PM
aquamedic dose pump. I have been using for a while . you will need a check valve as this will siphon downward. Once in a while I have a problem with it where it does siphon. I think I need new check valves.

strendo
05/21/2007, 10:03 PM
That's what I'm using now. Do you put the check valves near the sump or the pump?

fancyfish
05/22/2007, 06:01 AM
I place the check valve down below in the basement close to where I store my water. the pump is peristalic so it pulls up. If you place it here the water can be pulled but will not or should not siphon backward to where it came.