PDA

View Full Version : PVC Ingredients

original-reefland
05/07/2007, 09:27 PM
I got an unsolicited e-mail from a PVC manufacture in China listing the ingredients used in PVC they sell. If they happen to know I use a lot of PVC, showing me how much lead is in it is not the best marketing they could have used.

Is this typical of PVC, I though PVC was rated for potable water. Here is the e-mail below. They also included pictures of the raw ingredients -- bags of various colored powders.

Our company is a Leading manufacture of PVC additives,stabilizer in China.The products are all producting in highest quality and in reasonable prices to many countries.
Main products: Tribasic lead sulfate, Dibasic lead phosphite,
Lead stearate, Barium stearate, Calcium stearate, Zinc stearate,
Chlorinated polyethylene, Non-toxic calcium/zinc composite stabilizer,
Rare earth composite stabilizer(specially for PVC profile),
Lead salt composite stabilizer(specially for pipe materials),ACR,
PVC,CPVC resin.

Boomer
05/07/2007, 11:50 PM
No, PVC is Polyvinlychoroide. That list you have is a list of things they make.

They make all these things;

***Main products** ( as in they make all these procucts)

1. Tribasic lead sulfate 2. Dibasic lead phosphite 3. Lead stearate 4. Barium stearate 5. Calcium stearate, 6. Zinc stearate,
7. Chlorinated polyethylene 8. Non-toxic calcium/zinc composite stabilizer 9. Rare earth composite stabilizer (specially for PVC profile) 10. Lead salt composite stabilizer (specially for pipe materials), 11. ACR 12. PVC 13. CPVC resin.

original-reefland
05/07/2007, 11:55 PM
Phew... ok, thanks for clearing that up.

BeanAnimal
05/08/2007, 09:51 PM
:)

coralfish
05/09/2007, 09:36 PM
I don't open unsolicited emails. They can be full of viruses, hacks, and other programs that will harm your computer.

You would be better off deleting them unopened.

original-reefland
05/09/2007, 11:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9912219#post9912219 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfish
I don't open unsolicited emails. They can be full of viruses, hacks, and other programs that will harm your computer.

You would be better off deleting them unopened.

I feel for you Windows users. Not something I have to worry about much on Linux. But thanks anyway. :c)

BeanAnimal
05/10/2007, 06:11 AM
Good grief...

Why do mac and linux users constantly have to do that. Ohh wait, add the "vdub" folks to the list. "well my vdub is better than anything you have..."

I know (or hope) your only poking fun reefland.... but *nix has had it's share of vulnerabilities and continues to be riddled with them. If you look at the real numbers, the mac does not fare so well either. Public perception and media opinion are rarely correct. Then again if we were all still using lynx as a web browser and pounding away at a command prompt...

Enjoy

coralfish
05/10/2007, 02:43 PM
LOL, That's good......

Reminds me of the commercial;

I'm a PC and I'm a Mac....