PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding supplements NO Xpolde, creatine etc.

vijaym85
05/04/2007, 12:07 AM
Anybody here taking supplements for bodybuilding? I was thinking of trying No Xplode to see how it works.

UH_OH_5_OH
05/04/2007, 08:52 AM
I can't recommend more strongly a site called www.prosource.net

They have a lot of highly qualified professionals that can give you tons of advice on any type of training your thinking about getting into.......from Powerlifting, Baseball, MMA, Football, Law Enforcement and Military training.....it's an outstanding site !!!

Minuteman
05/04/2007, 08:55 AM
Don't do it. You might explode...

UH_OH_5_OH
05/04/2007, 08:58 AM
Minuteman....you're so silly.....it says right there on the label

NO XPLODE !!!

chrisstie
05/04/2007, 09:02 AM
I always found many body builders packing down protiene were smelly and gassy.. Perhaps this is the solution for that issue? :):)

I just started weight lifting again yesterday and I was doing it a little different than I had before in high school.. I'm not quite as sore but I really finally was able to reach failure without ramping up the wieights I was doing.

I slowed down my reps.. I think back in high school we called them negatives but its where you do your lift taking about 2 seconds and the release takes about 4 seconds. What an interesting new thing to try. Now the key is for me to get my butt down there again tomorrow

cyclops23
05/04/2007, 10:10 AM
i just started a weight program that recommends no supplements. it's the whole reason i bought the program. when i was making my own program and taking supplements, it didn't seem to be working as well as i wanted it to. i plateaued for like 8 months on weights, and i was doing so much cardio it's a wonder i took so long to feel overtrained. i bought this one off the internet(after reading everything about it i could), and after reading it, i'm really excited to see how it turns out. the guy goes through how to work out, how much to eat, when to eat, what to eat on days you work out, what to eat on days you don't work out, everything! he doesn't only tell you what to do, he tells you WHY, which is pretty cool. it also helps that my mom agrees with what he has to say on food and consumption, as she's a nutritionist. anyway, i was sick of spending so much money on supplements that weren't really doing anything for me, and the no supplement thing is what caught my eye on this program in the first place. he mentions that any benefit that the supplement gives you goes away as soon as you stop taking it. i used to take NO Power(i think, can't remember the name), protein powder, and creatine for a little while. i couldn't afford to keep taking the NO and creatine (neither really affected my strength, anyway), and as soon as i stopped taking them, the little bit they did help(made my muscles look a little bigger is all), the effects went away. i don't want my appearance to be reliant on some expensive supplement. the worst part was realizing i was putting all this stuff into my body, and i didn't really know what was in it! kinda scary, long-term health wise.

chrisstie
05/04/2007, 03:54 PM
You know we as Americans have the most expensive pee in the world? A neat factoid I read - based on all the supplement out there, vitamins, food injected with stuff, and the list goes on.

cyclops23 I am curious if your program recommends more weight training than cardio? I was reading a little about cardio about how it can burn fat but make you hungrier and in the long term even burn muscle.

What I was reading suggested too what to eat and when and how to strategize what you eat around your workout so your body benefits the most. Cool stuff.

You know what I miss seeing? Ever see a really strong guy in a movie from the 40s or 50s? It's like a really buff guy but he isn't big at all but very defined.. maybe the way a swimmers body might look today. I always found that to be an attractive body to look at. The huge bulkiness some guys can get with their levels of testosterone today is amazing!

I'm experimenting with weight lifting - the way a womans body is built and regulated with hormones\other chemicals it theoretically should shrink me rather than buff me up like a guy because of how my body works versus a males. Get back to me in 8 weeks and we'll see if its done anything ;p

cyclops23
05/04/2007, 04:28 PM
he recommends about 1/2 hour cardio 5-6 times a week on the fat loss phase, and 4-5 times a week on the muscle building phase. he also gives an equation to get my target heart rate, so it helps burn fat but not muscle. it's a pretty cool program, he gives tons of alternatives for different lifestyles. like weight lifting, he has workout plans for 5 day weight workouts, 4 day, 3 day, and 3 day twice a day. he tells you which of the alternatives is the most effective(in this case, 5 days a week workouts), but you can choose whats best for you.also, there's no specific foods for the diet. i have to count carbs and protein, not calories. and as long as i keep it low fat, it'll work. i can choose the foods i like best, instead of trying to force down something i don't like. your body will eventually adapt to what you're doing, which is why i plateaued, and this program has you changing everything frequently, to keep your body guessing. the number of sets per workout, the rest in between sets, the amount of reps, how much you eat on workout days, and how much you eat on non workout days changes weekly, but it's set in a cycle. it's kinda hard to start and remember everything, though.
BTW, i though 50's guys were hot, too. ;)

bulldog12
05/04/2007, 05:21 PM
The only supplements needed are whey protein powder and a good multi vitamin. I have found that On nutrition makes the best powder.

Of course a good diet is more important than ANY supplement.

wdt2000
05/04/2007, 08:35 PM
t-nation.com Is a great site for bodybuilding info. NO-Xplode is a rip off, it will do nothing for you except drain your wallet.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124