PDA

View Full Version : wat anemone should i get?

mikey3165
05/03/2007, 06:08 PM
i have a 20 gallon tank an i just got 130 watt set up and i just started in saltwater so i need an easy one for that amount of watts per gallon

nick18tjetta
05/03/2007, 06:44 PM
Right now I would recomend any of the hosting anemones. It is more important what kind of lighting you have rather than the amount of watts. I would wait a minimum of 6 months before attemtping an anemone, but list what equiptment you currently have so we can suggest something suitable, or suggest equiptment upgrades so you can keep an anemone in the future. I would expect for that size tank a bubble is going to be the most suitable if you want a short answer.

Conky
05/03/2007, 06:49 PM
I agree that you need to let your tank mature, but my best success has been with bubble/bulb tips and long tentacles. LTAs are great because they (almost) always anchor in the substrate. Bubble tips tend to move around the rockwork any time you alter the flow or lighting. If you plan to have any stony corals in your system, LTAs are much safer. Though they aren't natural hosts for percs or ocellaris, they may eventually take to them. Mine have.

mikey3165
05/03/2007, 08:33 PM
ok thnx yea my tank has been up for about a month and i have one ocellaris in there so i want him to have a home

Jovreefer
05/03/2007, 08:44 PM
one month is no where near enough time, you need to waite about 6 months & have a stable tank, no salinity jumps or declines, no spikes in anything else, stable temp. Its not reccomended for a biginner to keep an anem in a tank that small to much fluctuation going on.

Butchdawg14
05/03/2007, 11:54 PM
do the hott pink and hott orange tube anenomes grow??? big???

would on work in a 12 gallon???

Slakker
05/04/2007, 12:01 AM
Good question...while they don't need any lighting, they do still need good water conditions and supplemental feeding.

Does anyone have any good articles or something about the tube anemones (I believe Cerianthus sp.)?

Butchdawg14
05/04/2007, 12:08 AM
alright thats cool.....thanks