PDA

View Full Version : ***??? Look at this!

Cagraffwriter
05/01/2007, 06:38 PM
Are these guys for real?

http://www.recycler.com/animals/detail.classified?id=RCY-196-11732768&search_zip=&class=6340

I know I want my calcium at that level. :thumbsup: :lolspin:

anyone else have any input on this?

jjb81speed
05/01/2007, 06:50 PM
all i know is that it sounds like an infomercial when i read it...

mangus7175
05/01/2007, 06:54 PM
Looks like a coke bottle turned into a canister filter.....

Mcain Bwood
05/01/2007, 07:30 PM
Haha I know the guy that patented this. He was at this wharehouse I went to way out in chino cuz they were having a huge sale and he tried to sell me one of those. He called it a TORPEDO :rollface: it is basically a scuba tank slightly modified and filled to the brim with carbon. He was running a 5 or 600 gallon tank using two 6 foot tall scuba tanks one filled with carbon and one filled with pH rock which he said is a rock which dissolves slowly keeping your pH and alk at the right levels. The tank he was using it on looked good with only mild algae but it must have had 100 fish in it. I asked him questions about how it works and the science behind it but I never got a straight answer just kept babbling on about the nitrogen cycle thinking I would have no idea what it is. I asked him how do you clean that thing he said you connect a hose to the scuba tank and run fresh water through it for about 10 minutes every 3 months. This was before I was really into the hobby and he almost got me but now I look back and thank god I didn't buy that crap. I think he was selling them for two hundred or so at the time. This was about a year and a half ago. Small world

He was friends with the guy who owns majestic reefs if anyone knows who i am talking about.

agsansoo
05/01/2007, 09:20 PM
I went to his fish store (warehouse) int the city of Industry ... His fish looked sick, and his tanks looked really bad ... Stay away from this idea.

Cagraffwriter
05/01/2007, 09:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9857178#post9857178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agsansoo
I went to his fish store (warehouse) int the city of Industry ... His fish looked sick, and his tanks looked really bad ... Stay away from this idea.

Which is the main reason I posted this up. I've heard horror stories of LFS's giving people completely wrong information, or sell them the wrong stuff. Some people are only in it for the money.

FOSELONE
05/01/2007, 09:43 PM
the guy with the limp?

salty3
05/01/2007, 09:53 PM
HAHA I jumping on one right now before there all sold out. Man I been tring to get my calcium to 600 I would love to watch my softys melt. Cant wait to get it in. LMAO That is the dumbest sales pitch I ever heard.

critmin
05/01/2007, 10:31 PM
Haha, I just noticed that 600 ppm. Wow, I feel bad for the people who go to this guy. I hope he doesn't con too many. I have seen his ad on for a while and I just thought, "oh what a joke no one will go for that" but then I heard some guy talking about it at my lfs and saying that it was real to another customer, which made me a little angry because people are always trying to trick other people.

Jimmy_745li
05/03/2007, 03:02 AM
lol........