PDA

View Full Version : Question on Chalice

crushed_rock
05/01/2007, 02:09 PM
I got this nice size chalice form my LFS at a good price. But as the saying goes You get what you Paid for". It was already dull green in color when I got it so I don't really know it's True Color

I don't think it's thriving. I have a couple of encrusting monti and they seem healthy and colored up as well. So I would think that my system should handle this type of coral.

Any suggestions? What kind of lighting are they good for? Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/589/150914chalice.JPG

manofcoral
05/02/2007, 08:45 AM
I stopped buying chalices. I can grow everything else with no problem, but every chalice I have bought never seem to grow. They just seem to barely hang on. I am also looking for some good input.

PasadenaReefer
05/02/2007, 08:54 AM
i got one from a friend of mine a frag, about the size of a quarter i heard its called limeade, purple with pink dots/lines everywhere mine seems to have nice color right now and thats just under 48watt dual actinics and daylight in an aquapod.. so maybe its just a gamble?

crushed_rock
05/02/2007, 11:24 AM
Mine is about 4X6.

Someone had suggested to place low in the the tank. It makes sense. When the lights turn off, I noticed some blue or purple on the chalice.

WETFISH
05/02/2007, 11:37 AM
I got a small [1"x1/2"] frag of echinophyllia last Oct.It has finally grown to app.11/2"x1",but growth seems to be picking up the last 4 wks or so....So yeah very slow growth!! But it has always seemed to be healthy.I do spot feed it 2x per wk after lites out. Also med. flow and med. light [halides].

All Delight
05/02/2007, 01:22 PM
For me some of the chalice's do great, others do ok. I don't know why. Doesn't matter where I put them, high flow, med flow, low flow, high light, low light. It varies from morph to morph.