PDA

View Full Version : Reef Hobbyist Magazine

Unarce
05/01/2007, 12:46 AM
Has anyone seen hard copies of this magazine in any of our LFS? I'd like to pick up a copy.

http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/

BTW, our local friend, Jim (bookfish), is the editor of this magazine. Congrats, Jim!!! You rock!

http://planetsmilies.net/music-smiley-7532.gif

funman1
05/01/2007, 01:26 AM
Haven't seen it; but I'm interested!

Nuuze
05/01/2007, 03:05 AM
I know its the opposite direction but Atlantis Aquarium had some today when I was there and I grabbed one.

Marko9
05/01/2007, 09:59 AM
I might have to get me one of those. I love my subscription to CORAL.

Twisted
05/01/2007, 10:40 AM
I e-mailed the guy at the above link, he told me that your LFS can order them from ASAP, or pan ocean with thier next order, but they have to tell the distributer they want it.
Other wise you can e-mail them from the contacts at the above link and they will mail you a copy for the cost of shipping it.

Kaiden
05/01/2007, 02:43 PM
This was the first issue from what I understand. I am sure once it gets bigger it will make it's way here.

Note: Talk to John at YR, his LE Bazooka Joe is on the front, you would think he has one. I got one from Atlantis, it's only a few pages.

bookfish
05/01/2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks all!
John should have them shortly, if not already. Didn't mean to neglect our Sacto friends! I'm way past due for a road trip so maybe I'll try and visit John on Friday.-Jim

Justin74
05/01/2007, 11:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9858098#post9858098 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bookfish
Thanks all!
John should have them shortly, if not already. Didn't mean to neglect our Sacto friends! I'm way past due for a road trip so maybe I'll try and visit John on Friday.-Jim

If you do let me know! Been meaning to shake your hand for some time now Jim:)

Kudos to the fine magazine you and your staff have created! Looking forward to flippin through the pages!

-Justin

Justin74
05/01/2007, 11:32 PM
Hey btw, I never gave you the congrats you deserve on your own recent publication Karl.

Kudos to you too senior! ;)

-Justin

Thales
05/01/2007, 11:42 PM
You can also check it out online
www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com

:D

dots
05/02/2007, 12:37 AM
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/index.php

Since you guys are on the subject of magazines, (and Justin has already mentioned it).......for those who havn't seen, look at the pics in this months table of contents........

I swear, they will put any old coral in this magazine......:p

Is the Reef Hobbyist Magizine going to be offered in the online version as well permanatly or just for introductory?

It was a good read and liked the web based page layout. Definatly a bookmarker!!! :thumbsup:

Unarce
05/02/2007, 01:18 AM
It was a great read, Jim! Looking forward to many more!

(Thanks for the kudos, Justin and Doug. The coral did all the work, though:p )

bookfish
05/02/2007, 01:52 AM
Yup, permanent on-line. Thanks for the kind words!

GreshamH
05/02/2007, 11:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9858098#post9858098 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bookfish
Thanks all!

I need to make it up that way myself. I'll give you a call Jim :)

Underwaterparadise
05/02/2007, 11:49 AM
Nice reading. I haven't got any copies for my store yet but the Online read was well worth it! I look forward to reading more in the future.

Twisted
05/02/2007, 12:26 PM
Hope to have mine in the store today. Gresham if you ever come further up north to redding you had better be packing some extra reef nutrition shirts! I was hoping to get some when we got the owner of the LFS I am working at to finally start carrying it, but nothing! :D

But seriously, if any of you guys manage to make trips further up north let us know so we can point you to the stores for a visit.

bookfish
05/02/2007, 11:22 PM
OK, I'm going to do it. I'm committing to the road trip. But I have to be back in Alameda for supper so it'll be a late morning/midday thing.

bookfish
05/04/2007, 11:52 AM
Well, now I won't be going after all. But we're sending copies to John immediately and a few other Sacto stores too. Sorry for the disjointed distribution on this first issue. Bear with us and it'll get better.... I promise!!-Jim

Twisted
05/04/2007, 12:42 PM
I got mine Wednesday. And for a first issue it was great. They have been going out pretty good already, and I have yet to see all my real reefers in the store yet.
Tonight is our reef club meeting, which will actually be held in the store this month. So I am sure a good chunk of these magazines will be gone after today.
Great magazine and looking forward to future contributions of stories and such. Hopefully I can put something together in the near future...but it's going to tax your editing skills I am sure.

Great job!

Brian

Underwaterparadise
05/04/2007, 11:29 PM
Jim could you send me some for my store?

bookfish
05/11/2007, 01:25 PM
maddness, pm sent.
John finally got his, sorry for the long wait, hope it was worth it!-Jim

Marko9
05/11/2007, 02:59 PM
John has them in. I picked one up today.