PDA

View Full Version : OT: alittle fun in URS

parkavenuereef
04/30/2007, 02:36 PM
ok so i am bored here at work, so i decied why not have alittle fun. So is there any single reefers out there in the URS? Just for fun. If so Speak up! Its monday!! AHHH!

dreaminmel
04/30/2007, 04:57 PM
Ok, let's brainstorm some places mr.reef could meet single women that would be highly likely to appreciate the reef hobby...

Veterinary offices
Pet stores
Um... what else?

C'mon guys... =)

Sometimes it also helps if they have a well paying job and their own expensive hobby so they "get" the whole expensive hobby thing.

**and if there are any single women on here don't be shy... saw him at CF and can vouch for the looks. ;)

*happily married, just tryin to help* =P

Blugobi
04/30/2007, 07:43 PM
Single ,41, full time dad..was married once before, she had no love for this hobby...so she had to go.......lol Have had a few girlfriends over the last 7 years, and none of them really got into the whole reef thing. So I'm with Park here.....

Geo

drbronx
04/30/2007, 08:03 PM
Another single reefer here. I have unfortunately discovered that this a heavily male dominated hobby. Fragging corals as a past time isn't exactly a "chick magnet" endeavor. Plus its hard to afford two expensive hobbies:). Make that three if you include child support:( I am however grateful for all the good friends I've made even if they are all a bit mental.

nwrogers
04/30/2007, 08:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9848372#post9848372 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
...even if they are all a bit mental.

:spin2:

Blugobi
04/30/2007, 08:33 PM
There is no doubt, that when I have tried explain this hobby to the "normal" people, I have gotten some real sideways looks and I'm sure a few of them have thought my cheese has slid of my cracker....but I keep looking...you never know?

zanclus
04/30/2007, 08:36 PM
You guys are too much.... lol I am married and would love to finnd a gal into the hobby lol J/K hunny if you read this lol

dreaminmel
04/30/2007, 09:43 PM
So maybe a mandatory first date to the LFS is in order so you can guage their reactions from get go? I had no clue I loved reefing so much until I walked into CF in 1999 and had my jaw hit the floor at the absolute beauty of it all. Been hooked ever since. You get the right one in there and watch their reaction and the rest could be history... =)

RCBrooke
04/30/2007, 10:30 PM
Single, 44, Not Married - Never have been, Close once. No Kids - always wanted some.

Took up Reefing to treat myself last August when I found out I had cancer. Not bad, just a pain (good cure rates, low reoccurance rate). Everything tastes like S*** right now.

So far I've done great with corals, not so well with fish. About time to try some more fish.

Sherry34
05/01/2007, 05:42 AM
There are many female reefer's out there, unfortunately, we are all happily married.

I agree with dreaminmel, take them to Caribbean Forest on your first date. If they absolutely love it then you might have found the one. Not many people can resist the temptation of a well maintained and simply gorgeous reef tank.

Good Luck to all of you single people out there on Reef Central. Keep searching your time will come.

jacksonpt
05/01/2007, 07:02 AM
Soon to be single...

SkiFletch
05/01/2007, 08:36 AM
Single, 27, never married (close twice) no kids. Been really jaded and picky about the whole idea ever since the second. I keep my hopes up but sometimes thats about all I have is hope.

Chrsnwk
05/01/2007, 09:59 AM
Never really thought of the reef scene as a place to meet women before, but what the hell....

Single, 36, never married, (I've been told I'm rather picky about girls) no kids :)

Sherry34
05/01/2007, 10:10 AM
Pictures please! :p

crp
05/01/2007, 10:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9851058#post9851058 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sherry34
unfortunately, we are all happily married.

:lol:

parkavenuereef
05/02/2007, 08:24 AM
Man, I am glad everyone is having fun and coming out of there shell.. Who knew? URS would be a dating service too. So here is my stats, single male 26, out of a 5 year relationship, almost married, jaded but over it and as i am sure you figured out by my avitar, 100% italian! As for female reefers, I think there is more out there than just dreaminmel. Its a coed hobby everyone. Oh yea dreaminmel, thanks for the compliment! The first date are CF is a great idea! I am sure the guys there would love the entertainment!

dreaminmel
05/02/2007, 08:31 AM
That or they would entertain your date... =) I think I laugh every time I go in there lately.

parkavenuereef
05/02/2007, 09:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9859474#post9859474 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dreaminmel
That or they would entertain your date... =) I think I laugh every time I go in there lately.

Your absolutly right! I have been seeing ryan alot at the local clubs and the lake lately! CF is always a nice place just to mingle and have a good time. Very homely setting! But hey dreaminmel if you have any friends, please let me know. :mixed:

Kap212
05/02/2007, 10:02 AM
Hey married here but being in this hobby you may actually be able to get away with a line like...

"Hey ya wanna come over to my place and see my crabs?"

Kap

Sorry just couldn't resist

parkavenuereef
05/02/2007, 10:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9860031#post9860031 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kap212
Hey married here but being in this hobby you may actually be able to get away with a line like...

"Hey ya wanna come over to my place and see my crabs?"

Kap

Sorry just couldn't resist

LOL, HAHA how funny!

jacksonpt
05/02/2007, 12:43 PM
I'm 30, in the process of a divorce, 2 kids (5 and 2), wouldn't mind getting back into a relationship but I have no interest in the whole "dating" scene (bars, meeting people, the games, etc.).

parkavenuereef
05/03/2007, 09:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9861175#post9861175 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jacksonpt
I'm 30, in the process of a divorce, 2 kids (5 and 2), wouldn't mind getting back into a relationship but I have no interest in the whole "dating" scene (bars, meeting people, the games, etc.).

I know exactly what you mean, being 26 too, i also feel that I don't want to go though all the dating, finding someone and making it work stuff. But unfortunatly it has to be that way.

SkiFletch
05/03/2007, 10:02 AM
I'll third that thought. So much effort just to get tossed out... I sometimes wonder how my life would be different if I hadn't had those experiences though. Always come up with a different answer :)

Blugobi
05/03/2007, 04:31 PM
I suppose if I paid as much attention to a relationship as I do my reef tank, I'm sure I would be in a "relationship".... :) But being a single full time dad of an 11 year old boy who is into sports, working...working and more working to support us and my hobby, does kind of limit time. I can't say if the right woman were to cross my path, that I would not change my ways....but I have stipulations, and as well as some of these other guys, I'm a bit jaded as well. She does not have to be a mermaid or totally love the hobby, but at least respect that it is a part of who I am....well anyway thats my 2.5 cents worth....guess I'll just buy more frags this weekend to make myself feel better.............lol !

Geo

concretenomad
05/03/2007, 05:17 PM
Female reefer, not married, in a ten year relationship. It was interesting to see that this is a male dominated hobby. I wasn't surprised though.

Most chicks like the pretty fish but they could give a shart about the in's and out's of the tanks bio systems, etc.