PDA

View Full Version : my fish stopped eating

duc748s
04/22/2007, 07:37 PM
i'm pretty concerned about my fish right now about half of them just all of a sudden lost their appetite. theres a lil bit of ich going on also. my ph is a lil low about high 7's and the water temp is a steady 78. all the fish are getting skinny now due to this its been several days now. normally when my fish had ich they would still continue to eat then would get better gradually. this time it looks bad their not even eating. any suggestions or ideas? i have fish only live rock with some cleaner shrimp. thanks in advance.

dougiee
04/22/2007, 09:53 PM
You should try to soaked their food in garlic to bring back their appetite.
This should boost back their immune system allowing them to battle the ich on their own.

Hopefully its not too late.

bennyinca
04/22/2007, 11:22 PM
How long have you had these fish in the tank, and what kind of fish?

Have you tested the water for other params? pH on the 7 range is way too low. I'd suggest you slowly add some pH / KH buffer.

SPSFiend
04/22/2007, 11:30 PM
Check your salinity.

duc748s
04/23/2007, 01:16 AM
yeah i tried garlic they don't seem to be interested to eat. their also not active as usual, either hanging out under a rock or near one. i'll slowly add buffer everyday hope thats the cause, achilles, naso, and golden butterfly are the fish affected. water params are all in check, except for the ph. as i mentioned

FOSELONE
04/23/2007, 09:41 PM
sucks...hope they pull through