PDA

View Full Version : Kalk reactor direct from RO/DI?

CSS Reef
04/19/2007, 12:14 PM
What Kalk reactors can be fed direct from and RO/DI unit? I would like to tee off my RO/DI have 2 redundant solenoids in line on a timer before the reactor. I read on the Precision Marine site that it can be gravity fed or fed from a dosing pump. I do not have a reservoir to feed from. Is direct plumbing possible on a GEO?

chaffey
04/19/2007, 01:09 PM
I have a 10 gal tank connected to float valve and RO line. I place a small maxi-jet into the tank, the pump is plugged into a timer and only on to mix the kalkwasser at nite. I have a tom aqualifter ontop and also plugged into a timer, only turn it on in the day time and only 5-10 min. @ a slow drip rate ( make sure to put a control valve)

it drips fresh water/kalkwasser into my tank thru out the day. Once and a while at nite I add kalkwasser powder into the tank and mix it with a stick and leave the rest for the pump to mix at nite.

universality
04/19/2007, 01:39 PM
Ive used a MRC Nielsen Reactor for 2 years in a similiar setup like yours. I have the RO line go into a DI filter, then the ATOC unit, then the Nielsen, then the nielsen dumps into the sump. Ive never had a problem with any of the seals leaking.

I hope this helps

einsteins
04/19/2007, 01:41 PM
Mine is set up so that if the tank pH is 8.4 or lower then the RO/DI water is sent through the Kalk reactor. If the tank pH is greater than 8.4 then the RO/DI water is sent directly to the sump. This works really well to keep pH stable. It is all controlled by my AC3.

Here is a pic of the switching panel. The first selenoid is opened and closed by the sump level when top off is needed. Water is then fed to the appropriate line according to the tank pH Blue line goes to Kalk reactor...white line goes directly to the sump.

http://www.einsweb.com/waterpanel1.jpg

Good luck....

ein

CSS Reef
04/19/2007, 01:43 PM
I ahve no room for a reservoir in my stand. More equipment, tanks or reservoir outside the stand isnot allowed in my house by my boss (the wife)

CSS Reef
04/19/2007, 01:46 PM
ein - this is exactly what I was looking for. You are using a PM Kalk reactor it looks like. No problems with leaks etc feeding direct from RO/DI? Thanks

einsteins
04/20/2007, 12:17 AM
Yep its a PM works great...and is fed directly from my RO/DI.

I am very happy with it

ein