PDA

View Full Version : Custom Aquatic Rates #1 With Me

coyoteseven
04/19/2007, 09:55 AM
I recently ordered some 48" T5HO bulbs from Custom Aquatic (an RC sponsor) mainly because they had the best prices, along with a 5% RC discount.

As we all know T5 bulbs are very thin and quite prone to breakage when placed in the hands of delivery companies like FedEx... so to say that I was a bit worried that my precious lights would survive the trip from California to Florida is an understatement.

When the day (today) came that my bulbs arrived, I wanted to check my delivery before the FedEx guy left for any damage. But as we all know, FedEx drivers are the masters of "hit, poop and git", so before I could get to the door, he was in his truck and halfway down the block.

First off, I was pleased to see the size of the shipping box. It is made of very thick corrugated cardboard and was quite oversized at 6"x8"x54" (4 1/2 feet) and stuffed with styro peanuts, but the best part... ... ... my bulbs were packed in 2" PVC pipe also cushioned by peanuts! :eek1: Talk about overkill... I think they could have rolled the FedEx truck over my package without damaging my bulbs. :D

Custom Aquatic has definitely made a return customer of me... be expecting more orders as I switch out the lighting on my tanks to T5HO. BTW, the 4' piece of 2" PVC was a nice little bonus that is definitely appreciated by this DIYer.

Keep up the excellent prices, quality and service... Custom Aquatic Rocks!!! :thumbsup:

coralnut99
04/19/2007, 01:50 PM
I've ordered 3 footers from them with the same exceptional packing job. If you're in that business, you just know those bulbs are an accident waiting to happen, so either you know how to pack them, or you don't care. CA knows how to pack them, and they do care.

OT-Years ago I worked for a large trucking company loading trucks overnight to make a few extra bucks. To say the least, there was ALWAYS a box of flourescant bulbs in the damage bay. It was just a runninig joke.

coyoteseven
04/26/2007, 10:22 PM
Just ordered more T5HO bulbs from Custom Aquatic and got the same great packing/service that I did on my first order.

These guy/gals are great! :thumbsup: