PDA

View Full Version : lights

minispider
04/18/2007, 11:59 AM
yes 3 timers, and its only been 4 days with this light cycle, but it just kills me to see them like this in the dark, I guess is just me....when the lights are on everything comes to live and they grow so big and bright...if I run atinics from 7am thru 9pm will this give me an algie bloom? right now my sand is white and my rocks have green and purple on them, all my parameters are normal, and my fish are fat, but my soft corals and pollips are shrunk with no light....

papagimp
04/18/2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe you should start from the beginning so we know what all you are talking about. As for keeping lights on from 7am to 9pm, that's 14hours bub. Much longer than required. And what's all this about not likeing to see them in the dark, Can't keep em lit all the time, even if just the actinics. All polyps and corals shrink up or deflate at night (or they extend there feeding tenticles) either way, that's what they do, it's not a "problem" that you should try and fix.

minispider
04/18/2007, 03:54 PM
sorry man...I began a new thread by mistake, and thank you for your advice, I just think about them being in the dark when i'm at work and is all sunny outside, I guess is just me...but think about it, daylight begins at about 6:30 am with full sun at about 9:30 am and sunset begins around 6 pm that's a whole 12 hr period of direct and indirect sunlight, even cloudy days have some sun light, may be I'm wrong but aren't we taking away sunlight from these creatures just to fit our schedule and prevent algie blooms? :(