PDA

View Full Version : Enough light? frag tank

IPT
04/11/2007, 11:44 PM
I am setting up a 50 Breeder (5 bulb Aquatinic fixture - open to suggestions on bulb choices) and would like a frag grow out tank under it with the sump. It will likely be a 10 or 15 gal tank with a bulkhead draining back into the sump and a feed from the skimmer output or T from the return line to the main tank (extra flow w/ a Koralia). The question is do you think two overdriven (Icecap) 24W bulbs plus one 65 w PC will be adaquate? Visual appeal of the light not important, growth is. They'll probably all be 5500K or near that spectrum. Other options: 4 bulb Tek retro, 3 bulb overdriven (with 660). Cheapest for me is the 2 overdriven since I have the PC already. Thoughts?

Also, while I'm here. Flow for a 50 breeder - Korolia 2's or 3's? One of each? What are you using? Tank will be maturing into mostly SPS but may have some shrooms, LPS, and zoos at first. They will move to another tank as the SPS's mature and get some bulk to go into the display. Yes, lots of carbon and frequaent WC's will be done.

IPT
04/12/2007, 01:27 AM
No one with a small T5 frag tank getting good growth?

IPT
04/12/2007, 10:08 PM
Well. looks like I'll be a pioneer! I'll let you all know how it goes.