PDA

View Full Version : Really disappointed with Cquarium...

BerlinMethod.com
04/11/2007, 09:56 AM
I've been keeping coral for about 7 years now, run a few websites related to reefkeeping and coral propagation, etc. Thought I would share my experience with Cquarium.

I placed an order recently for 4 corals at Cquarium, a bubble, a green clavularia, a yellow clavularia, and a lobophyllia. When they came, there were 2 problems. The lobophyllia was receding about 1/2" - 1" around the base. It clearly didn't appear to be shipping damage, but rather shipped that way.

Additionally 1 of the clavularia had other problems. It never really opened up and started disintegrated immediately. I could tell from the few polyps that were open initially that it wasn't yellow as pictured when I purchased it, but rather a duplicate green one. The coral I thought I purchased is actually still listed on the site. Regardless it is dying right now.

Here are the two pictures I sent to Adam. I asked for a refund for just the 2 pieces, since the clavularia are clearly gone (and was the wrong one) and its going to take 6 months to restore the receded lobophyllia.

He stated that the corals are clearly alive in my pictures and that it doesn't apply to his guarantee policy. I've ordered from Adam in the past and had success. Seems like perhaps things have changed over there which is really too bad.

Any ideas? Adam doesn't seem amenable to working something out. I did submit a dispute with Paypal but haven't done that before so don't know what the outcome will be with livestock.

Best,
Kris

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/3445DSCN3019.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/3445DSCN3016b.JPG

Thhitman
04/11/2007, 01:13 PM
From what I have read online, I wouldn't touch this business with a ten foot pole.

There was a thread a while back about him calling a coral "japanese" when it was not. He explained that the name was a "marketing tool" and vigorously defended doing so.

I doubt paypal will be any help as he has proof he sent a package. Your credit card company might be a different story if you PP with a card.

redox
04/11/2007, 06:32 PM
what comes around goes around. Adam did me terribly wrong three years ago an no one wanted to listen. He is a major shister . I mean whats the deal with that guarantee he offers. It looks like if you pay top dollar he will go ahead and ship you the right piece and the right way. But if you dont go with the full thing what do you get? crap @ best. Hey Adam Atassi:p good or bad he dosnt deserve this free advertisment

wrasseguy2
04/11/2007, 09:53 PM
looks like the con struck again...it is really sad that that he runs things the way he does...but i am sure this is not the last time we will hear about this guy

redox
04/12/2007, 05:37 AM
sooner or later his rein will stop. He claims to be the oldest online vedor ,there are alot of suckers out there, me being one. He only got me once(600$) live and learn and move on

ReefingIt
04/12/2007, 10:02 PM
That's too bad to hear about Cquarium. Looks like he brings in alot of nice stuff.

wrasseguy2
04/12/2007, 10:04 PM
alot of the pics are doctored alot...but i am sure the word is out that he is a scam.

Pazazz
04/13/2007, 01:51 AM
For some reason everything that has a slight bit of green in it he calls " JADE".... I guess he only sees in 1 color of green. What a joke.... Some of the picks do look doctored. I was looking into a few of his corals and after looking at reef central for info on him I decided against it. THANKS RC!!!

smiller
04/13/2007, 08:07 AM
I think that we really need to be careful of what we accuse people of.

Thread closed.