PDA

View Full Version : Yellow or Blue assessor

hmello@bermexin
04/11/2007, 09:27 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the assessors. I have a 29 gallon bio cube mixed reef with :

1 High Fin Goby (Stonogobiops nematodes)
2 tank raised true percs's (Amphiprion percula)

And for my last fish I am thinking about one of the assessors. They look to be a good addition to me, calm, small and most of all colorful.

papagimp
04/11/2007, 10:01 AM
I've never owned an assesor, but from my reading, it would seem both are good candidates. Small, peaceful. I have read the blues will "school" to an extent given sufficient room. I will be looking into them further as a possibility for my own tank in the future.

Seeing how you only have a 29g, just be watchful of those clowns. They can easily claim that entire tank as there own and may show more aggressive behavoir towards new tankmates. I've not had any trouble with either pair of my clowns before, but it's a possibility to watch out for.

hmello@bermexin
04/11/2007, 10:09 AM
Yes I am aware of being watchful of the Perc's. That is the reason I picke dthe tank raised ones and at that they are only about 3/4" long right now. Just babies. I am hoping that they grow to be a mated pair but we will see. They have been with me for 2 weks now. I hope to get an assessor soon to add so that hopefully all will be relatively peaceful from the start. Thank you for the post papagimp.

hmello@bermexin
04/11/2007, 12:29 PM
Well I wnet to the LFS at lunch that has a blue assessor it has had since 17-Jan-07 I have been watching. Told them I would be back tonight to get it. Beautiful little fish. Also found a small frag of orange monti cap for $15. Gonna get that too.

papagimp
04/11/2007, 12:32 PM
If those two clowns are still babies, theres a very good chance you'll end up with a mated pair. very good.