PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer ???????

shanegray
04/10/2007, 03:21 PM
I just switched from saltwater back to freshwater and i was hoping i could use my protein skimmer and keep my sump and everything but when i put the fresh water in my skimmer stopped making micro bubbles....it makes big bubbles but no micro bubbles......its a coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer.....any inoput would be greatly appreciated....thanks guys

rigleautomotive
04/10/2007, 03:33 PM
oils from your skin or anywhere for that fact stop them from working but they usually start back up in a few hours or sometimes a few days.dont feed or stick your hands in the tank for a while and see if the skimmer starts to foam .

rigleautomotive
04/10/2007, 03:35 PM
sorry i did not realize u switched to fresh water,disreguard my advise on the above post.i do not believe skimmers will work on fresh.

luke33
04/10/2007, 03:35 PM
You put your skimmer in FW and are trying to use it as your FW filter? Ummm, skimmers don't work in FW, only SW. It won't do anything. But you could still use your sump and just add some filter floss and carbon and your good to go, just take out your skimmer and put it in the closet or sell it.