PDA

View Full Version : help me choose

markn911
04/06/2007, 07:04 AM
I am currently breaking down my 75 and decided that I would still like to have a tank. The problem I am having is which all in one to get. Does anybody have an opinion? I was stuck between the red sea max and the new jbj cube coiming out in 2 weeks. At least I thought they were the two I liked beforeI I visited nanotuners.com and now realize there are even more options. What do you guys have and why do you like them?

I would like to have an integrated skimmer, I don't want to have to find room inside the tank or hang one on the back.

Any help would be great.

Mark

jc9394
04/06/2007, 07:09 AM
I like the Red Sea Max with HQI option from nanotuners.com, check out this tread from nano-reef.com

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110318

markn911
04/06/2007, 09:21 AM
Thank you for your reply!!!

How much of a heat issue do you think there will be with the MH?

I didn't see the upgrade at nanotuners, is it something that is coming out or is it already available?

Thanks,

Mark

roader247
04/06/2007, 09:27 AM
I think the Red sea is really good I bought a Bio Cube I like it a lot did a few mods to it. I had a nano cube I think jbj and it cracked for no reason. the Bio Cube is quite a bit cheaper than the red sea Good Luck

Mark

jc9394
04/06/2007, 10:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9660450#post9660450 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by markn911
Thank you for your reply!!!

How much of a heat issue do you think there will be with the MH?

I didn't see the upgrade at nanotuners, is it something that is coming out or is it already available?

Thanks,

Mark

Not much heat issues, it may even lower the temperature since it will have 4 fans instead of 2. The upgrade will release from nanotuners.com in the near future. They maybe able to sell you the Red Sea Max with the HQI instead of retro kit.

I will also look at the 34g from cadlights.com, it comes with 150 HQI with build in fuge, but no skimmer included.