PDA

View Full Version : Imperator Angel

BEN BOGDAN
04/05/2007, 02:40 PM
I have just picked up this guy and I can't believe how smart it is. He eats all offered pellets and some angel formula, etc. When he see's me he will come over to the side where I feed him and expect me to drop something in for him/her. It is a juevenile at about 3 1/2 inches. Is there a good site to learn more about them? I have heard that they can become pretty tame. Thanks, BB

Monkeyfish
04/06/2007, 10:51 AM
www.Fishbase.org
www.Wetwebmedia.com

and of course you could always Google it.

DamnPepShrimp
04/06/2007, 01:01 PM
They are very smart. They usually have to be the boss of the tank. Mine is about 4" and he runs a 6" gray! He knows not to mess with the gray when I am watching, but if I can hide from him, he sometimes might give a small chase towards the gray, nothing major, just to get out of "his territory". Usually I can't hide from him though, he'll see me all the way across my room, hiding behind a dresser. He's a smart one. What exactly are you looking to know about them? What size tank is he in? They get to be about 15" or so in the wild, not the biggest angel, but certainly not the smallest. You'd need to put him in your 180 at least, for when he is full grown. They are supposed to be more reef safe them some angels, but they do love polyps etc. I'd just be careful and watch him, maybe without him knowing because he will learn what not to do when your around.

BEN BOGDAN
04/06/2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info sites and thanks for the angel info. I know what you mean about pollups, used to love them but so did my M.Idol. I will maybe try him in my 180 down the road but it is full of tangs and others who will not be pleased. I have him in a 55gallon sump filled with xenia. He has the place to himself.