PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

Alarmguy66
04/03/2007, 01:09 PM
Im sitting here thinking about how my fishkeeping career started and what it has perverted into....this is nuts.

I said all I wanted was a single 55 gallon tank. Now Ive got a 180, 3 MH lights, two 5' VHO, 3 fans, a 55 gallon sump/refugium, H&S skimmer, Phosban reactor, pumps, seios......and you know what.....Im not sure Im happier with it now than I was then. It just that now, making it a little bit better it a LOT more costly than it ever has before.

Also, a side note. Does anyone else ever think that the more automated their system gets, the more boring it becomes?

J. Montgomery
04/03/2007, 02:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9637093#post9637093 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Alarmguy66
Does anyone else ever think that the more automated their system gets, the more boring it becomes?
I don't know, an auto top-off system is something of a blessing. Adding a controller has also been alot of fun with its wavemaking, seasonal lighting, and temperature controlling functions among others. Feeding time is definitely better if done manually :)

But yeah, it seems like I can't leave "well enough" alone and I'm constantly tinkering with something.