PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper 2 how do you like it???

Mojo Jojo
04/03/2007, 12:39 AM
Looking to get one of these. How do you guys monitor Ph. That is the main thing that got me in to this device. Thanks in advance.

motorbikemike
04/03/2007, 12:49 AM
I was going to ask the same thing :D Also who has them and dosent charge 25+ for shipping?

HBtank
04/03/2007, 12:50 AM
I have the JR, and it monitors PH well.

Mojo Jojo
04/03/2007, 12:56 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9634115#post9634115 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HBtank
I have the JR, and it monitors PH well.

But how? It says you can run it to something that controls the PH? Is it like a PH doser:confused:

spleen93
04/03/2007, 02:48 AM
There's a pH probe BNC connector on the RK2 power strip. You attach the pH probe to this and it continuously measures your pH and displays it on the RK2 display. You can set a channel on the power strip to be pH controlled and to set it to turn on when the pH rises or lowers past a settable pH.

Spleen

Mojo Jojo
04/03/2007, 11:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9634465#post9634465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spleen93
There's a pH probe BNC connector on the RK2 power strip. You attach the pH probe to this and it continuously measures your pH and displays it on the RK2 display. You can set a channel on the power strip to be pH controlled and to set it to turn on when the pH rises or lowers past a settable pH.

Spleen

Will this be like the calcium reactor? I think that one raises Ph and Kalk lowers right? This will be the first time I ever try to mess with these things.

IndyMatt
04/03/2007, 01:12 PM
A PH controller simply monitors PH and if it goes lower than a set limit it turn a device off (Solenoid for CO2 for Calcium Reactor). It doesn't add anything to raise or lower PH. I would advise you to read several of Randy's articles in the Chemistry forum. Here is a quick overview:

Calcium Reactor - Adds a balanced amount of Calcium and Alkalinity. It uses CO2, it can lower PH.

Kalkwasser - Adds Calcium and Alkalinity and is a high PH solution. Due to it being high a PH solution it needs to be added very slowly.

With me I use a Calcium Reactor on a slow drip and Kalk to offset the lowering of PH by the reactor.