PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried?!?!?!?

brtbrtlynn04
04/01/2007, 07:19 PM
hey guys i was wondering if anyone ever tried to put a marron clown and a Percula/Ocellarius in the same tank before..i went to like LFS and they had every different kinda clown in the same tank and they werent fighting at all...they were swimming together..so i was just wondering if anyone has this and if it has been a problem. i know marrons are mean. i have a marron in my bigger tank and i just put a Percula/Ocellarius in a plastic container and it is floating on the top and the marron which hos the anemone has not cared one bit. but i dont want to release yet. let me know what you think! thanks!

phender
04/01/2007, 07:33 PM
Two things:
You can put a lot of clowns together for a limited amount of time for a couple reasons. Aggression is dispersed and clowns don't yet have established territories to defend.

There have been several cases where maroons and ocellaris have actually spawned and produced offspring.
If your maroon is large and already has a territory, it may be difficult introducing any new clown, even another small maroon.

brtbrtlynn04
04/01/2007, 08:16 PM
ok thanks..i have added him to my tank..and i see a little bit of aggression but not much as soon as he gets close to the anemone...but i hope everything works out that would be awesome!

brtbrtlynn04
04/01/2007, 08:54 PM
what would be considered a "big marron"