PDA

View Full Version : YSMaroon issues

Mac Inger
03/31/2007, 12:30 PM
Hi everybody. I am having some trouble with my YS maroon couple.

The short story,..two days after brought in from lfs (not quarantined) she broke out in what i assume might be itch/velvet/brooklynella. White fuzzy little areas. She breathes heavily, hides and once in a while swims about the tank a little erratically. The little male was fine for a while and today i caught him scratching his side on the rock.

Apart from these two i only have 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 bicolor angel, a featherduster and a red linckia in the tank. 120 gallons about 150 lbs of rock.

So far i have raised the temp to 80, fed cyclops soaked in garlic (they havent eaten in 4 days) and added the second shrimp to no avail. Also added a fresh open clam on top of a rock to see if they would pick at it,..nope.

If i could catch them i would,..i still am under the 7 day warranty from the lfs.

Any opinions ? I also started a thread on the beginners forum,..but i thought this might be a good place to post also.

The lfs guy suggested i get a blue neon cleaner goby but wouldn't he get infected too ?

let me know what ideas you have. Otherwise im going in there with nets and stress or not get them out and to the store before they kill my angel. I know thats radical but their stress is giving me stress :(

TOURKID
03/31/2007, 02:43 PM
you want them to live, you hafta quarentine them. treat with maracyn 2 first, get rid of the fungas and get them eatting (it has an appitite stimulant as well as killing the bacteria) you'll double the dose (so in a ten gal qt, 2 tabs the first day 1 tab each additional day of treatment. )

After your done with that, you can do a 100% water change, or do a 50% water change and run carbon for two days.. then start on the ick treatment (you cant do both at once)

As for ick, the easiest method for me is cupramine and a salifert copper test kit. The squugee thing inside the cupramine bottle is junk. go to your pharmisist and get a liquid medicine measuer (free) that has ML and use that to get an accurate measument.

Cupramine is REALLY easy to use.