PDA

View Full Version : Redoing my main display. Drawing.

0 Agios
03/30/2007, 11:24 AM
Redoing my main display tank and want brain corals as my main display. Heres what I came up with so that sand gobys don't bother my brains. Please any comments?:smokin:

0 Agios
03/30/2007, 11:25 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/kourtaks/tank.jpg

BurntOutReefer
03/30/2007, 11:26 AM
looks really good.......

Shagsbeard
03/30/2007, 11:31 AM
I've got fish just like those in my tank too.

Anyway... what makes you think that a goby isn't going to "bother" your brains? Gobies are on "Search and Destroy" at all times... some piece of glass isn't likely to stop them.

0 Agios
03/30/2007, 12:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9606606#post9606606 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shagsbeard
I've got fish just like those in my tank too.

Anyway... what makes you think that a goby isn't going to "bother" your brains? Gobies are on "Search and Destroy" at all times... some piece of glass isn't likely to stop them.
Some barb wire around the brains will do just fine.:smokin: :smokin: just kiding hehe:bum: I will place some round pebbles over the sand.

awestruck
03/30/2007, 10:42 PM
Saturn (aka awestruck here)--Aaaahhhh I found you! :D Is that fish a new species?! Anyway O, I think it looks good. The one thing that makes me a little nervous is that the plate is glass. Could it break inside the tank? One other thing: do you have the brain corals already? I ask because you'll want to be sure that they won't fight with each other. Talk to ya soon!! :)

0 Agios
03/30/2007, 11:47 PM
hahahahaah awe hi. No I don't have them yet, I use only perex oven cooking plate, very strong and it wont break. "And now you are in THE TWILIGHT ZONE" see ya soon the greenes are calling me.

malintner
03/31/2007, 12:18 AM
What kind of lighting do you have? Too much and you will fry your brains.

trae
03/31/2007, 01:12 AM
The Gobys wait patiently trying to figure out what to rearange to get the glass to fall. If i were a goby i would take this as a challenge.

awestruck
03/31/2007, 08:50 AM
Hi O, how are ya today?! Malinter asks a good question about your lights--I can't remember what you have. Didn't we talk about moving them higher up because you have PC lights? Another question, this one directed to trae--->I only have a firefish gobie so I'm not sure she counts regarding "gobies on search and destroy missions". So, why are gobies going to be a challenge for O's brains? O, if people think your gobie really is going to be a problem then perhaps you'll need to consider getting rid of it if you really want the brains.

0 Agios
03/31/2007, 09:01 AM
No trust me awe this is an EVIL GOBIE. This goby goes to town with sand. My lights are 2 x 175w 20k MH, and 2x25w daylights. Ty

0 Agios
03/31/2007, 09:13 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/kourtaks/fst.jpg

awestruck
03/31/2007, 10:20 AM
OMG--I cannot believe this--did we talk about your lights before because MH lights will hurt those brains if they're up that high in your tank. Maybe you should get rid of the evil goby.

awestruck
03/31/2007, 10:21 AM
BTW, I like the picture of your evil goby. Myabe I should buy him from you!

0 Agios
03/31/2007, 12:06 PM
awe my EVIL GOBIE stays with me ok ? NOT FOR SALE !!! or to give away. This must be a rare gobie probably worth thousands I got him at Marine Depot, hmmmmmm or was it Home Depot, I am not so sure. Ok back to the discussion how about if I was to put some shade perfectly aligned for the brains? look at the new and improved blue print.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/kourtaks/evilgobie2.jpg

awestruck
03/31/2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, you must LOVE that gobie...:) OK, I promise not to fly from Saturn and snatch your gobie, really, I won't :D However, could I have that intersting fish at the top--the mystery fish? I've seen them before, I believe they are called the quadruple circumfrence fish. VERY RARE INDEED. :D Now, I like your drawing and using eggcrate (is that eggcrate) is a very good idea. You definitely will need to filter the MH light because it will be too much for the brains. BTW, what kind of brains are you looking at?

awestruck
03/31/2007, 02:57 PM
Hi O, awe here again. Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask an expert of LSP if you can put brains really close together. I think you can if they are the same kind. I just asked this very question in another forum and they said it's ok as long as the species are the same kind (I have a purple ribbon gargonian and I'd like to add another one right next to the one I have). You want to be sure because brain corals will sting. You know, I am envisioning this and it really will be a beautiful centerpiece. Currently I have two brains, 1 neon green and the other red. They're gorgeous! I wish I could post pics. but I don't have a digi. camera. Anyway, talk to you very soon! :)

trae
03/31/2007, 08:47 PM
Thats a good idea, if you have a cheap plastic/glass cover that came with the setup maybe save a penny or three.