PDA

View Full Version : How to detach an Hawaiian Feather Duster Tube

Fermat
03/29/2007, 02:57 PM
Quick... I have to rearrange my rockwork, and my hawaiian feather duster has attached himself at the bottom of his tube to a rock. How can I detach the tube so I can move him?

dc_909
03/29/2007, 03:17 PM
Chisel out some of the rock beneath him. Not sure if you can cut the base of the tube or not.

Fermat
03/29/2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I thought that might be the reply I'd get...

Anyway, He's kinda sticking up and out a little, and I was able to arrange the rock behind him again so he's still sticking out. He's just sticking out a littler further than originally.

As expected, I HATE the result... *sigh* I'll probably rearrange more next week.

Aliie
03/29/2007, 03:58 PM
I wanted a specific one from the LFS that was attached to a piece of LR. The guy felt where the worm was and could tell that the worm wasn't in the part attached to the LR. He simply cut the tube as close to the rock as he couls, pinched the end and gave him to me. It is doing fine and has been for 7 months.

Fermat
03/29/2007, 04:21 PM
That's good to know. I may need to do that later. For now, I actually like my result as far as the feather duster goes. He's much more visible. He had been receding back into a crevice, and only the crown would stick out. Now he's more in the open and much more visible.

I just panicked a bit. I finally got the nerve to rearrange, delicately moved coral around, removed most of the upper rocks, and then found he was anchored. I ran to my computer to get help!