PDA

View Full Version : Feather duster preadator?

phurst
03/28/2007, 09:15 PM
So I got some super agressive feather dusters from somewhere. They're not the usual dusters with the calcerous tube, they're small, white and have more of a leathery tube. They grow extremely fast and dense. I've been limiting my feeding to try to combat them, but since they're filter feeders, I'm not sure it's doing anything. Nutrient levels seem fine otherwise, so now I'm looking for somthing to eat them. I'm not sure there will be anything that's otherwise reef safe, but I thought I'd ask. They're starting to be a real pain.

mr294
03/28/2007, 09:18 PM
Might give a copperband butterfly a shot.

J. Montgomery
03/29/2007, 09:07 AM
You might be best off pulling out the tweezers to manually remove them. I had good success in controlling the spread of coronate jellyfish (the ones that look like hydroids) that way (after trying to kill them with kalk paste, etc...).

phurst
03/29/2007, 09:37 AM
I've been siphoning them out as I can, and it seems to be doing the job out in the open, but there are places I can't get to that a fish or crab or whatever whould have no problem with.

angelscrx
03/29/2007, 05:18 PM
Copperbands i have heard do a good job with these. I keep them in the sump and fuge

phurst
03/29/2007, 05:32 PM
I thought copperbands weren't especialy reef safe.