PDA

View Full Version : new tank / selling old tank

saltylake
03/28/2007, 04:01 PM
hello everyone,

i am moving into to a building that does not allow any animals, not even fish!!!!!

So since i can't take my big tank, i am going to break the rules with a smaller tank.

i am looking for a cube for my kitchen counter top.

Does anyone here have any ideas or sites that can show me some cool custom small cube tanks.

I am also going to sell next month the following objects:

1. 120 gallon tank
2. stand and canopy (great shape)
3. (2) aquamedic 250 watt medal halides with brand new 20 k XM bulbs.
4. 4 VHO bulbs and ballast ( new bulbs in the box )
5. 400 pounds of the most purple red and orange rock you have ever seen.
6. ^ month old deltec skimmer that will work up to a 225 gallon tank APF 601
7. brand new light and custom sump
8. 6 month old pump
9. entire calcium reactor from aquamedic
10. a bunch of other equipment
11. corals and fish
blastos (12) scolymias (3) yumas (5 red and orange) florida rics (alot) red echino, a few sps.... etc

if anyone is interested please get back to me on this thread and lets set up a date in the next two weeks to start breaking down my tank.
thank you

Rogger Castells
03/28/2007, 04:07 PM
Check out this site for the small tank

http://www.nanotuners.com/

I am interested in the apf601 please put me first on line to get it, thanks

REDDAWG43
03/28/2007, 04:11 PM
pm sent

Rockblast
03/28/2007, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9592137#post9592137 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rogger Castells

http://www.nanotuners.com/

That is definitely the best site for nano's.

You should see Red Sea's Nano too. It's freaking nice.
It has everything build in Heater, Skimmer, Chiller, Pumps,Lights, Filter, extra electric outlet. It just awesome!!
But also very expensive.
http://www.redseafish.com/main.asp - Home Page

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/index.html - Direct Link

BTW watch the video :)

I might be interested in some livestock. If you will be selling some starfish,snails. I'm 1st in line :)

CiroFuentes22
03/28/2007, 04:20 PM
im intersted in equipment and the ricks especialy. pm me for the info on the rock.

gasman059
03/28/2007, 04:33 PM
Put me on your list for the bucnh of other equipment LOL-can u be a little more specific. TY
(3) yumas INTERESTED !ST ON YOUR LIST.
I WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT YOUR SPS AND BLASTOS FOR SALE
PUT ME !ST ON THAT LIST TWO TYVM

compulou
03/28/2007, 05:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9592091#post9592091 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltylake
hello everyone,

i am moving into to a building that does not allow any animals, not even fish!!!!!

So since i can't take my big tank, i am going to break the rules with a smaller tank.

i am looking for a cube for my kitchen counter top.

Does anyone here have any ideas or sites that can show me some cool custom small cube tanks.

I am also going to sell next month the following objects:

1. 120 gallon tank
2. stand and canopy (great shape)
3. (2) aquamedic 250 watt medal halides with brand new 20 k XM bulbs.
4. 4 VHO bulbs and ballast ( new bulbs in the box )
5. 400 pounds of the most purple red and orange rock you have ever seen.
6. ^ month old deltec skimmer that will work up to a 225 gallon tank APF 601
7. brand new light and custom sump
8. 6 month old pump
9. entire calcium reactor from aquamedic
11. corals and fish
blastos (12) scolymias (3) yumas (5 red and orange) florida rics (alot) red echino, a few sps.... etc

if anyone is interested please get back to me on this thread and lets set up a date in the next two weeks to start breaking down my tank.
thank you

Interested in the Skimmer and some of that Rock. Can I get a pic of the Skimmer? Also what model is the 6 month old pump?

ReefWreak
03/28/2007, 05:11 PM
What size nano are you looking for? My family might be getting selling one soon because of an irresponsible younger brother...

Or we could set up a trade for some equipment. I'll keep following this thread and see what ends up happening.

Sharkonwheels
03/28/2007, 05:22 PM
Rockblast:

Oooooh YEaaaah....<drooling>
That RedSea Max is awesome.... I know it has heating, but I don;t think it has a chiller - has a fan(s) for the lights, though.

Man, that thing is ballistic! Unfortunately, it's near $800 with a stand. Plus, I think it's a bit big for what he wants - 34g.

But it is REAAAAAALLY nice!

JBJ makes a 6g NanoCube 12x13.5x12 :
http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_6g_nanocube.html

Current makes a 12g that's roughly 16x15x16 - maybe too big...
http://www.current-usa.com/aquapods.html

Oceanic makes an 8g BioCube 12.4x13x14.5 :
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/

Hmmm.....any others around?

Tony

reefsahoy
03/28/2007, 06:05 PM
how much r u asking for the skimmer and dimensions of the sump any pics?

matt21ocean
03/28/2007, 06:11 PM
would be interested in any pumps you may have looking for flow rate in the 1200 ish range (6 month old pump?) ... anything like a mag drive? also the 4 VHO bulbs and ballast, calcium reactor and fish blastos yumas rics echino etc.

Rockblast
03/28/2007, 08:01 PM
BTW If you have to decide between an JBJ NanoCube or a Aquapod. Definitely go with the aquapod.

bawla47
03/28/2007, 08:02 PM
put me in line for the deltec! Thanks.

Jaymie

rawbomb
03/29/2007, 12:25 AM
interested in live stock pm me with details.

REDDAWG43
03/29/2007, 12:48 AM
PM was sent already....will send again. Will buy all coral and most likely the fish too.

Husky_1
03/29/2007, 09:06 AM
I am out of town until next wednesday, but I maybe interested in some stuff if its still available.

Miamireefer
03/29/2007, 10:00 AM
Interested in corals.. let me know please...

I am in the kendall area...tell me a time we can talk please

786-499-0571

Nick

pm box is full

CiroFuentes22
03/29/2007, 11:25 AM
lets get some prices on the stuff bro.

saltylake
03/29/2007, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am going to sell everything on April the 14th at my home:

5440 SW 59 avenue

the time of the sale is going to be at 1 PM.

I forgot to add these corals are for sale:

1. Hot red Monti colony that is about 2 and half feet big.
tanke three years to grow out

2. several lords

3. about nine inch colony of an SPS that is flat and has a purple ring. I have grown this piece from a frag over 3 years. I currently can't remember the name.

4. Several zoo colonies and frags. Xmen, oranges, palys, etc

I don't have prices currently for the items or the corals.

if you are interested please feel free to call me at 305-303-0115

I will follow up as the days get closer to April 14.

thanks

vince

LouPhoenix
03/29/2007, 02:57 PM
I'm calling you now. Will take the zoos, lords and whatever rics / yumas you have left.

LouPhoenix
03/29/2007, 03:00 PM
Left you a message. Give me a call whnvr u get a chance. Thanks!

matt21ocean
03/29/2007, 06:28 PM
so whats going on with live stock? (I am going to sell everything on April the 14th at my home) are you starting to sell live stock before than or whats the deal?

saltylake
03/29/2007, 10:06 PM
i will sell the live stock and the items on April 14th.

thanks

saltylake
03/29/2007, 10:13 PM
i am going to buy the nano this week.

these are the finalist.

check these out and tell me what you think is better:

http://www.cadlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=103

or the standard aquapod

that 34 gallon nano from cadlights.com is crazy!!!

saltylake
03/29/2007, 10:26 PM
the red sea max is awesome!!!!!!

I am totally confused on what to buy.

the red sea max site offers a video which explain in detail the unit and it brings everything!!!!

I need advice

Rockblast
03/29/2007, 10:28 PM
Hey SaltyLake,

I just saw it at Reef Life. ITS FREAKING NICE!!! But yeah they are selling it for $800.00. But it really is AWESOME!

saltylake
03/29/2007, 10:44 PM
rock which nano did you see?

i also really like the

JBJ 28 gallon

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=381

i am truly confussed, hopefully people here can give me some advice in regards to their experiences

Sharkonwheels
03/30/2007, 12:55 AM
Rock: $800 for just the RedSea Max Tank itself? If so, that's quite high. That thing is $599 MSRP, I believe.

Saltylake, if your dropping 6 large for one of those, the RedSea Max is the way to go, I think. Even the protein skimmer is included, which is optional on the other one you linked to at cadlights.com

Now, you originally asked about something for the kitchen counter - did that change? I mean, with saltwater averaging 8.5lb/g, you're talking about near 300lb of water, not even counting the rock and sand! Plus, these are QUITE a bit bigger than the 6/8 gl units that would fit on the kitchen counter.

If the size doesn;t disturb you, the RedSea Max looks awesome.

Exotic Aquarium on Bird and 74th had a RedSea Max in stock, last time I went there, but it was a few weeks ago...I'd look at 'em in person.

One place that has the Current Aquapods and JBJ NanoCubes on display, and some even set up and running, is Beverly's Pets on University Drive and Pines Blvd here in Broward.

I'm not saying to necessarily BUY it there, but you can see them both in person, literally next to each other, out in the open on display. I do not believe they have the RedSea Max, though.

That LFS i mentioned on Bird is the only Dade LFS I've been to, so I don't know who else would have it in stock down there.

Big Al's has it on display as well, but last I checked, they wanted $899 for the tank alone, which is $599 everywhere else!!!
Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe I misread and it included the stand, but I don't think so.

Tony

Rockblast
03/30/2007, 01:11 AM
Saltylake I saw the Red Sea Max there. But they also had some other nano tanks there too.

I believe for $800.00 the stand is also included. Because it was on its original stand. But I might be wrong.

Sharkonwheels
03/30/2007, 01:27 AM
if it is for the combo, average online is $600 + $150, so $800 wouldn't be bad, considering what it would cost to ship to the LFS, unless you found someone online with a free shipping deal or something. Even then, for $40-50 difference, I'd go to a local LFS. Too many things can happen to not go to a LFS for like what? 5% difference?

Tony

saltwaterfishlover
03/30/2007, 06:43 AM
there's 2 at Exotic in broward not sure the price tho

lpsluver
03/30/2007, 07:09 AM
If I read this correctly. than no one in the local area can touch this price. Customaquatic.com has the Red Sea Max complete set-up including the stater kit for...$680. Loks like they ship freight though. Add on a lot for that type of shipment. Other site ship it UPS for a lot less, but don't come close on the aquarium price

lpsluver
03/30/2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry about the typos in the last post. Anyway, just found Red Sea Max at Superfishstore.com for $649.95. It says that this includes the stand and says that you pay regular s & h. It gets dropshipped to your house from Red Sea. I will call and get the details an update the forum. I'd like one to set up as a clam tank.

Bob

lpsluver
03/30/2007, 09:10 AM
Okay, here's the skinny. It's for real. Red Sea has a special deal with Superfishstore.com. The price is $649.95, includind the stand and freight. No one in this area can touch that. I've looked. If you are interested call Jim at Superfishstore (512-989-2293) and he will get you going. In the meantime, he is calling Red Sea to check on their inventory. He also told me that he will coordinate with the buyers to keep track of the shipment and the delivery dates so we are not surprised when they arrive. I'm checking with the "boss" and am hoping to be a proud owner of one this afternoon. Here I go again...

I wonder if anyone local would be willing to match or come close?

Sharkonwheels
03/30/2007, 11:57 AM
Hey, Bob...

Guys, quick intro - Bob lives out in West Pines...
I met him through a list he had on Craigslist.

He loaned me a 10g tank for hospital tank use, including heater, hood, etc.. which is MUCH appreciated....

Bob, $650 for the RedSea Max, including the stand, is absolutely ballistic. Including S&H, and it's a no-brainer! Cheapest I've seen the tank alone go for is $599, so $50 for stand and shipping is a gift!!

Also, you guys know it's available in black AND silver!

Tony

Rockblast
03/30/2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome to Reefcentral and FMAS lpsluver.

:D

Sharkonwheels
03/30/2007, 01:57 PM
hey Salty - as lpsluvr mentioned, the $650 deal for the RedSea Max with stand WITH shipping is right on the main page at superfishstore.com.

I don't know if you can really beat that!
Take a look at one a a local shop, and see if it appeals to you.

Tony

Voltekker
03/30/2007, 08:52 PM
You have a PM for the tank not coral.

saltylake
04/01/2007, 01:55 PM
the only issue that i have with that nano tank is that I havent seen this tank with Metal halides.

650 is a great price, the machine has all the bells and whisles.

i have to buy this tank this week.

vince

saltwaterfishlover
04/01/2007, 02:45 PM
650 without stand at Exotic on oakland

REDDAWG43
04/01/2007, 04:42 PM
Vince.....ask in the Nano forum or there's a few websites dedicated to nano tanks in which you should be able to find information on maybe doing a hood modification to insert a 70w MH Light

saltylake
04/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Hello,

I will being selling all the items and the corals this Saturday starting at 2 PM t my home.

Address:

5440 SW 59 Avenue

Thank you and if you need further information please contact me at 305-303-0115

please bring some water and containers to take your items home.

tperk9784
04/12/2007, 11:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9707550#post9707550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltylake
Hello,

I will being selling all the items and the corals this Saturday starting at 2 PM t my home.

Address:

5440 SW 59 Avenue

Thank you and if you need further information please contact me at 305-303-0115

please bring some water and containers to take your items home.

Anyway you could post some prices on what your selling? they way your talking it almost sounds like you plan on an auction.

saltylake
04/12/2007, 04:31 PM
Let me expalin this to you.

I work 6 days a week, i had my engangement party this past week along with my birthday, I am remodeling my apartment, dealing with several tennants in another property that i own that are a bunch of thieves!!!!!

My life is very hectic and that is why I am short and to the point.

I have not thought about prices.

I have nice corals and the way it is going to work is first come first serve at 2 pm.

You ask me the price on a coral and i will tell you what i think it is worth and then we make a deal.

no auction, no hidden scam.

simple and to the point. I am not giving anything away and it breaks my heart to have to sell this tank after so many years of taking care of it. whatever doesnt sell, and isn't transfered to my new nano is going to the store for credit.

saltylake
04/13/2007, 11:43 AM
I just got the red sea max about an hour ago.

The item is great!!!!!!

Bought it a Exotic for 749.00

A little more expensive but due to time constraints, this was the only option.

By the way Exotic has some insane SPS LPL and Rics. I haven't seen corals this pretty in a long time.

If anyone has any further questions about tommorrow please call me 305-303-0115.

See you guys tommorrow at 2 pm.

thanks

tperk9784
04/13/2007, 11:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9709890#post9709890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltylake
Let me expalin this to you.

I work 6 days a week, i had my engangement party this past week along with my birthday, I am remodeling my apartment, dealing with several tennants in another property that i own that are a bunch of thieves!!!!!

My life is very hectic and that is why I am short and to the point.

I have not thought about prices.

I have nice corals and the way it is going to work is first come first serve at 2 pm.

You ask me the price on a coral and i will tell you what i think it is worth and then we make a deal.

no auction, no hidden scam.

simple and to the point. I am not giving anything away and it breaks my heart to have to sell this tank after so many years of taking care of it. whatever doesnt sell, and isn't transfered to my new nano is going to the store for credit.

I was not accusing you of trying to scam anyone. if you can't be bothered to post prices for your items thats your perogative.

Good luck on your sale.

Fish2reef
04/13/2007, 02:36 PM
Vince is a great guy I saw his tank about a year ago I can tell you the corals were hand picked, out of the norm, healthy and great color, it is going to be a great sale, I understand the further away the more info you want to see if it is worth the trip I hope this helped a little.

jessp
04/13/2007, 02:58 PM
the ad says power compact lighting but then later mentions 2 x 55w t5. which is it pc or t5? when i saw it in the store the lights looked like pc's.

saltylake
04/14/2007, 10:44 AM
the red sea max also confused me in regards to the lighting.

NO metal halides.

they state T-5's but they are Power Compacts.

110 wats for about 30 gallons. not a bad ratio, not great.

but a person in my sitaution can really beg.

I will probably call Chris aggie and see if he can help me put together some rig where we add a 150 watt HQI.....

the tank is up and running. i am letting the sand settle at the present moment.

the tank is clean and really coool looking. for a person like me that suffers frim OCD (LOL) the red sea max offers a feature that hides all the cables.

take care guys and see you in a few hours

Miamireefer
04/14/2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Vince!

Just wanted to say thanks for your kind hospitality to my wife and kid and thanks again for the great pieces.... the zoas look sick under the lighting. Definitely a happy camper... Hope you made alot of sales man!

And trust me you can definitely wire up a 150 hqi in there... just carefully think it out to keep the install clean.

Regards,

Nick

Rockblast
04/14/2007, 10:08 PM
Hey Saltylake dont forget to post some pics man :D

saltylake
04/15/2007, 03:11 PM
thank you for the kind words.

I am happy that you are enjoying the corals!!!!

I want to make everyone aware that i have the following items still for sale if anyone is still interested:

1. Deltec Skimmer APF 601
500 OBO

2. 120 tank, stand and canopy
600 OBO

3. sump with new lighting
200 OBO

4. Aqua medic lighting
250 watt HQI 20 k bulbs with (1month old XM bulbs)
350 OBO

5. 150 Pounds of beautiful live rock is left for 3 - 4 dollars a pound OBO

6. Red yuma rock with two yumas on it 150 OBO

7. Red Monti colony about the size of 2 feet by 1 foot (2.5 yrs old)
250 obo

8. Hammer colony (4 yrs old) opens up to the size of a basketball
150 obo

9. random small and large pieces of florida ricordea 5 dollars a ric

10. red scoly 75 obo

11. purple tang (7 yrs old) make an offer

12. flame angel (4 yrs old ) make an offer

please contact me at 305-303-0115.

I need to sell these items ASAP so that I can move out to my new apartment.

Thank you and please feel free to contact me at whatever time you are available.

Flamehawk
04/16/2007, 09:52 AM
Vince is a stand up guy, fellow coral collector. Searches the globe for crazy color morphs and odd specimens. He's just a very busy guy! I can vouch for his reputation. JOHNNY

Flamehawk
04/16/2007, 09:56 AM
Forgot to ask, if the 7 yr old purple tang is not taken, i'll take it. Will be in a good home :) JOHNNY

lpsluver
04/16/2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Salty...Just got my RSM (from Superfishstore dropshipped FedEx freight for $660) last week and it is up and running. The skimmer is not producing yet but it is still within the "break-in" period. Bought 40 lbs of most curred LR from Reef Life and already have pods scurring around on the glass. Going to set it up as a clam tank so I am hoping that the lighing is sufficient. According to Clams Direct it should be. Will be placing on the LR mostly and the depth to the sand is only 17". Have seen a thread on nano-reef forum where a member got nanotuners to set her up with a 150 HQI. That's a lot of light for this tank IMO. Nanaotuners said they were going to release a retro for the RSM this month but I have not seen it yet. A heads up on a chiller. If you get a thermoelectric chiller (like Aqua Euro or Pacific Coast) it will not work if placed in the cabinet. Too much heat is generated by the chiller to allow the heat exchanger to work. Outside of the cabinet they work great. I have the CL150 and am maintianing 78F (down from 85).

LPS

saltylake
04/16/2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you johnny for the kind words.

Some said they wanted the tang but If they don't pick it up this evening i will give it to you.

I know that she is going to a great home. seven years old.

thanks