PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue tang not eating

AlexR
12/08/2000, 08:36 AM
Hello,

I just got a powder blue tang for my 72g reef. And it seems whenever i feed the tang maybe once in a while will take a little bite. And i also see it once in a while grazing on the rocks. The fish looks great and swims all around my tank. Is there anything i could do to help him eat?

jimi
12/08/2000, 09:43 AM
Mine would not eat for the first couple days now he devoures brine shrimp, seaweed selects and realy loves OSI spirulina flakes. Be sure to soak the food in some type of vitamin like zoe or selcon.

DJREEF
12/08/2000, 12:59 PM
You could also try live brineshrimp just to get him started. If he doesn't work these over in a couple days, I'd return the fish. Those guys are notorious for going downhill fast if they don't get off to a good start.

DJ

fitzyu
12/08/2000, 08:25 PM
My powder blue..when I first got him...the ONLY food he would eat was Aquarian Flake Food From Wartham England.
(sorry for the plug)

I find if you feed the fish small amounts 5 times a day
they will become very very fond of eating!

Small amounts!!!!!! oFTEN...key....

Good luck

Sparrow
12/08/2000, 08:58 PM
As long as you keep offering him various types of food, he'll soon catch on. You'll then start wondering if there is anything he won't eat! :) Mine eat's everything.

susie
12/08/2000, 10:08 PM
You have to offer this fish macroalgae to graze on at all times. If you don't have any of the real plants then offer some seaweed selects on a clip. I've had one for over a year now and he has never eaten brine shrimp. Will occasional eat spirulina or frozen formula 2. If he doesn't eat in the next day I would go back to my LFS and get some plants and wean him on the 'clip method'. This is a very beautiful but difficult fish to acclimate.