PDA

View Full Version : 4 months old

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 02:08 AM
Tank is about 4 months old.55 gal.We work hard on this hobby both my wife and I. Watcha think

Wild Card-inal
08/19/2002, 02:24 AM
:eek2: :eek1: :eek: That's a four month old tank?! Looks great!

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 02:44 AM
we started from scratch.I think the key was the live rock.It was in another tank for about 6 years. everything was from scratch.chexk new web site out.just starting it

www.robreneasreef.com

dattack
08/19/2002, 05:04 AM
Wow.

My tank never looked that good in 4 months.

Great job.:eek1:

SushiGirl
08/19/2002, 05:54 AM
Man! That's some big honkin' clam!!! Very nice!

Duce
08/19/2002, 05:14 PM
Looks good...

Rock Anemone
08/19/2002, 05:59 PM
How do you keep your sand bed so clean? THAT'S AWSOME!!!!

Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Great Job!
Rock Anemone :D

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 06:53 PM
When we first started it was tough. Alot of algae. But thanks to the clean up crew I really dont have to do anythin. Betwwen the golbies which ii am down to on and the star sifter its easy. We just lost 2 golbies. 1 one day and then another. They jump out of the atnk and feel through small hole. 1 in a hundred chance and 2 did it. But back to the LFS store for more. I need to go get somekind of grid cover. If I put glass cove the water gets to warm. So we have to use are inagination. Any suggestions. Thanks for the feed back. We are proud

SushiGirl
08/19/2002, 06:56 PM
Lotsa people are recommending something called eggcrate that you can get at your local hardware store.

minfinger
08/19/2002, 06:57 PM
That looks great, do you have naymore pictures...???

Here's my tank after only 2 weeks!! See attached (J/K) Local City Aquarium, very impressive though.

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 07:33 PM
we do have a new web. it shows full view.i am haveing problem putting thumbnails on it. i use Homestead its not to great.we also have 90 fish only(boring) i mean after doing reef there is know comparison.

www.robreneasreef.com

drscheck
08/19/2002, 08:29 PM
Very nice,

did you go through the typical algae blooms? Diatoms? Etc?

Toutouche
08/19/2002, 09:07 PM
The eggcrate that Sushigirl mentioned is the stuff you buy at the HD store for neon lighting, and is alually white. Check the lighting dep't. Lots of people use this. It will however screen a bit of your lighting out.

Toutouche
08/19/2002, 09:12 PM
Uhh, just wanted to add. HOLY C***, that is one helluva 4 month old tank!!!! I'll bet you guys worked hard at it!!! Congrats, from the bottom of my heart!!

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 09:23 PM
The first 2 months was tough.water change.algae,water change, algae.But with the clean up crew and testing water every other day for 2 months so far so good. But as everyone knows anything could happen. It happen with our fish only tank but all we can do is keep a close eye on it and that is not hard to do. I have been addicted to alot of things but this is number 1.well enjoy more pics to follow

donmack
08/19/2002, 10:47 PM
Besides the Gobies, what makes up your cleanup crew?

I have a lot of snails, no Gobies and lots of algae.

Don

RIVERROBSKI
08/19/2002, 11:23 PM
just golbies,crabs,snails,star sand sifter,me and my wife
www.robreneasreef.com

RIVERROBSKI
08/20/2002, 12:38 AM
Get yourself a couple of golbies, they do wanders on the sand. For the glass, this is were you come in, I take my pad and as I wipe I pull the algae out of the tank. I have a ccanister filter that is cleaned every 3 water changes which is every 3 weeks. I have a prizm skimmer it sucks. It is really touchy but it works for know.If I had a choice I would go with a different set up when I started. I was thinking saving $$$$$$$ but with a reef you cant think that. Spend the money. This tank is up to about $-,000. Good Luck

Kutter
08/20/2002, 08:04 AM
I just put a couple of Fighting Conch into my 90 gallon tank (about 4 weeks old). I still have a diatom bloom going on. Within two days they had the sand clean. They are absolute machines when it comes to cleaning the sand.

I've heard that they often bury themselves in the sand, but right now they are still motoring around, eating whatever they can find.

My Turbo Snails are pretty funny too. I added 5 of them last week. Four went straight to the rocks, but one of them climbed the glass and keeps making laps around the top of my tank. He using climbs in and out of my Remora Pro preskimmer box too. Pretty funny to watch.