PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Lifter problems

N_V_S
03/14/2007, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have problems w/ the Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter—Dosing Pump?:mad:

I been having problems a lot of *&%$@!* w/ my Aqua Lifter that I use for my Korallin Calcium Reactor. It keeps on getting plugged up. I talked to my LFS and they sold me the Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter Suction Pre-Filter, however the first one I got was defected because it leaked, so I got another one. And guess what that one leaked as well. :mad2:

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my problem? Can I use a different pump to feed my reator? or is there a way to make my Aqua Liter work better?

Thank you for all your help in advance!!!!! :D

klasiksb
03/14/2007, 08:34 PM
The only time I have NOT had problems with an Aqualifter pump is when i'm using it with RO/DI water. Otherwise, it gets gummed up and the diaphram needs to be replaced or cleaned.

You can use a different pump to feed the reactor.

klasiksb
03/14/2007, 08:37 PM
Have you tried some teflon tape on the pre-filter threads? That might seal it up.

manofcoral
03/14/2007, 09:30 PM
I also use one on my Korallin 1502 and I hete it! When ever I get everything just going right next thing I know it is plugged and I alwayy wonder how long it has been that way. It would be nice if Korallin made one just for their reactors. If you come up with a good solution please let me know.

Hodgy
03/15/2007, 05:56 AM
I ended up buying a Litermeter III after messing with the aqualifter. Lots of bucks, but then the Korallin Reactor is lots of bucks too.

N_V_S
03/15/2007, 09:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478200#post9478200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by klasiksb
Have you tried some teflon tape on the pre-filter threads? That might seal it up.

Yes, I have tried using teflon tape on both of the pre-filter units, however it did not work for me. I am going to exchange the second pre-filter I got and do you think I can use either silcon or pvc glue to seal it if it leaks again? Thanks your help!

N_V_S
03/15/2007, 09:01 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9480864#post9480864 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hodgy
I ended up buying a Litermeter III after messing with the aqualifter. Lots of bucks, but then the Korallin Reactor is lots of bucks too.

Where can I get a Litermeter III? and how is it working for you?

N_V_S
03/15/2007, 09:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478712#post9478712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by manofcoral
I also use one on my Korallin 1502 and I hete it! When ever I get everything just going right next thing I know it is plugged and I alwayy wonder how long it has been that way. It would be nice if Korallin made one just for their reactors. If you come up with a good solution please let me know.

I will pm you if I find a solution.;)