PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Booster pump for RO/DI..

goldenTee
03/14/2007, 07:21 PM
Hello.
I just bought a booster pump for my RO/DI unit. I'm on well and got sick of debating whether or not to get one. Figured if anything, my output should be way better...

Anyways, I'm wondering what PSI you guys are are using? I have a switch, and read up to 80 PSI is where I should be at....is that correct?

goldenTee
03/14/2007, 07:30 PM
I take it back....I'm now unsure how to install this booster pump.

There is a pressurized switch and I'm not sure where that goes or how it hooks up.

Also, where is teh switch to increase or decrease the pressure?

I bought the :
AQUATEC MODEL CDP6800

http://i18.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/8a/d0/37_2.JPG

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

poppin_fresh
03/14/2007, 08:09 PM
There is no pressure adjustment on the pump. Do you have a pressure tank? If so you will need to put the pressure switch close to the tank. If not it needs to be placed on the output line. You should also have a shutoff solenoid that will need to be placed before everything.

I found the wiring to be a little tricky, but its obvious when its connected right. When the system is full and the output closed, the pressure switch should shut off the pump and close the solenoid shutting down the system. If the pump doesn't stop, or the solenoid doesn't close, you have it wired wrong. Hopefully yours came with a better diagram than mine.

goldenTee
03/14/2007, 09:18 PM
Any chance you could find a diagram?

I bought all this (from ebay):

http://www.pwgazette.com/6800pump.htm

I do have a pressure tank with my RO/DI unit. I also have a solenoid laying around somewhere. I'm still quite confused on how alll this fits together.

Any chance you could find a diagram? Write something in paint?

I'd appreciate it quite a bit!

Thanks for all the help!

goldenTee
03/14/2007, 09:39 PM
How do you hook up the solenoid to the pressurized switch?

I think I'm almost there, thanks for your help!

poppin_fresh
03/14/2007, 10:08 PM
Based on what I see from the website you have a pretty simple install ahead. You only need to place the pressure switch inline as close to the tank as possible. Then put the pump inline before the RO unit, preferably after the prefilters (protects the pump from debris).

input---> RO Prefilters---> pump---> RO membrane/DI---> pressure switch---> storage tank

In this setup the pressure switch will turn the pump off when the tank reaches the set pressure. Mine has a solenoid that also turns off the feed water, but yours appears to use the shutoff valve that comes with the RO.

All you need to do is cut the 2 lines and press 'em in. You might have to extend the line from the last prefilter through the pump, its usually a short one! Plug the pump and switch into the transformer and your done.

poppin_fresh
03/14/2007, 10:11 PM
You would need THEIR solenoid to make it work. Its designed to plug into the harness, a regular solenoid wont work without some wiring finesse. Its not a must on the system you bought.

goldenTee
03/14/2007, 10:45 PM
poppin_freshm
you've been a great help!!!

I'll attempt to run it tomarrow night. It's almost 12, and I'd attempt it, but if something goes wrong, I'd be stuck till 5 am. ;-)

Been there, done that.

One last question.

If the pressure switch is set to turn of the booster pump and 40 psi (default), won't the whole system still be at 40 psi?

Thanks again! You've been a big help!

poppin_fresh
03/15/2007, 10:56 AM
It depends what pressure your auto shutoff valve on your RO is set at. It might allow the system to run little bit before shutting off the water if they dont match up perfectly...it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just make sure it DOES shut off the feed. You dont want the system to waste water 24/7 unnecessarily.

Ohhh and the 40psi has nothing to do with the booster pump. It is the rating at which the tank is full and therefore the system should stop. You will still be putting much more than 40PSI on the input side of the membrane. Its the input side pressure that determines how much water you get, not the output side.

BuckeyeFS
03/15/2007, 11:56 AM
The pressure on that pump is adjustable.

Russ @ BFS

goldenTee
03/15/2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks again.
I just hooked it up. Everything is running and I"m waiting for the pump to shut off.

Any idea (ball park figure) how long it takes to pressurize the whole system?

One last question, do I put the booster pump before or after the RO auto shutoff valve ?

Buckeye!!! I've bought my DI refills and cartridge from you ! Been very happy with it! Need to order more soon.....wanna give me a discount? ;-P

Anyways, wish me luck!

BuckeyeFS
03/16/2007, 04:21 AM
Hmm - not sure what you mean. It will pressurize the system immediately. The booster pump should be placed in line prior to the entire system. It is best to have a sediment filter ahead of the booster pump.

Maybe you meant to say the "pressure switch?"

Russ @ BFS