PDA

View Full Version : who go you into fish?

VWzealot
08/14/2002, 11:56 PM
for me it was my friend client. in high school he had a 55 gallon with some damsels in it. he took me up to That Fish Place in PA so he could get a wet dry. man i was hooked. 2 years later i started to work at a LFS. got all kinds of crap for whole sale. kind of got out of it and got into cars. now i want to get back into fish :).

Salyers890
08/15/2002, 02:25 PM
my cousin caught a turtle in Minnesota, kept it, and when he went into college he 'let' my family take care of it. . . . . i went up there on a fishing trip and let him go where he was caught, but now i had the tank. . . . i filled it, threw some oscars in and a year later i have 5 tanks totalling at 350gallons

phlat
08/15/2002, 03:02 PM
my older bro got me hooked on fishtanks when i was really young (he's 14 years older than i am)

he had this dopeass freshwater planted tank that i can barely remember, but i remember that it was my first real exposure to fishtanks, and it got me hooked. when he would turn out the lights, the khuli loaches would come out and swim around, i thought that was the coolest.

i'm 21 now, and i'm hooked on fish. more specifically, reef tanks. boy o boy, what an expensive hobby, if my brother didn't wind up owning a fish store, i wouldn't be able to have half of the stuff that i have

his store is up in baltimore, you should check it out sometime
Exotic Aquatics, on bel air road
Exit 32a on 695 (first shopping center inside the beltway)

-gr3g

jimroth
08/15/2002, 06:45 PM
I was a 10-year-old kid circa 1970 and there was a wonderful store in my town called Pet and Hobby. I would go in and press my nose against the fishtanks, every Saturday for about 2 years. (I also sent legions of anoles, turtles, and hamsters to their doom. But never mind that part...). For my 12th birthday I got a Metaframe (R) LivingWorld (R) 10 gallon setup, complete with a steel frame tank and full array of plastic plants. Then a 20, then a 30, then saltwater with UGF and dolomite... Like a deep sand bed through the hourglass flow the days of our lives.
God bless you Mr. Chant, and Carol, wherever you are...