PDA

View Full Version : Emerald crab?

6stang9
03/12/2007, 03:37 PM
2 months ago I bought 2 emerald crabs. 1 the size of a quarter and one the size of a nickle. Now I have 3. 1 the size of a quarter and 2 the size of a nickle. Does anyone know how these things multiply? And it's not a molt because its moving and eating. Thanks in advance.
Gregg

steri
03/12/2007, 04:00 PM
I would be willing to bet you had a hitch-hiker on one of your rocks (a good hitcher to have). If they did multiply, I don't think he would grow that fast, and would be willing to bet you'd see more then just one, but that's just my opinion.

steri
03/12/2007, 04:02 PM
FYI, I have 2 emeralds in my tank, and at night, they both go into tiny little caves in the LR to sleep, so, based on that, I would believe it's pretty common that they hide in the nooks and crannys of the LR. I bet the 3rd one just hid in there for a while until he was comfortable enough to come out.

costello303
03/12/2007, 04:30 PM
i had a hitchiker crab, couldnt get an id tho but he never came out, then i found him dead oneday right by a little hole, when i fished him out there was an even bigger hitchiker crab, so i had to get that lil bugger out! i noticed the first one within a few days of getting the LR but the second one went un noticed for a good month-6weeks!! hes out and ive got a nice emerald in there now!!