PDA

View Full Version : video of my fowlr (lg angels)

reefmvp
03/09/2007, 01:22 PM
heres a video of my tank, hope you enjoy it.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/reefmvp/?action=view&current=fishtank.flv

jmccown
03/09/2007, 02:21 PM
One of the nicest tanks I've seen! Beautiful fish. Is it a 210? ASM G4 skimmer? What's the equipment on the tank?

reefmvp
03/09/2007, 02:31 PM
thx for the compliments, is a 120 aga rr 4'x2'x2', asm 3g with gate mod, aga model 4 wet dry, ranco temp controller, two little fishes phosphate reactor, coral life 18w uv, mag18 for return, mag 3 to run the uv and phos reactor, 300w titanium heater.

tangyreefer05
03/09/2007, 03:50 PM
How long have they been together?

reefmvp
03/09/2007, 04:15 PM
they been together for about a year now, i got the queen and the emperor last feb and the french a month later.

SoonerFan732
03/09/2007, 05:05 PM
Great looking fish!

asnatlas
03/09/2007, 05:27 PM
Nice looking setup... Seems like alot of fish for a 120gal ??

gman107
03/09/2007, 06:15 PM
is there much aggression between the fish

reefmvp
03/09/2007, 06:28 PM
shawn i dont think so there is only 6 fishes in there other than the lg angel all other ones are small.

gman, as far as aggression , none what so ever between the angels, believe it or not the powder brown tang is the bully, he tries to bully the angels once in a while but they put him in his place fast when he tries:D

gman107
03/10/2007, 05:28 PM
that is one cool tank !!!!!!!!!!!!!

emperior911
03/10/2007, 05:45 PM
very overstocked

Miamireefer
03/10/2007, 11:38 PM
Very cool fish...

Only thing is, after seeing the vid it makes me realize much more that when others say get "at least" a 6 foot tank there is a reason.

I myself couldn't see myself putting a french, or a queen in that tank. But again it's not me. Regardless I wish you long term success man. Just consider to upgrade in the future and give those guys the extra space they deserve.

Nick

mistergn10
03/11/2007, 07:49 AM
Great looking tank sir. I have three angels in mine also no problems here. I did just trade my 13 inch french for a 5-6 emp though. Here is a video of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3AjafDhyUY

mta
03/11/2007, 11:46 AM
Beautiful Sohal.

Water Box
03/11/2007, 11:46 AM
mistergn10 that is a pretty wild mix of tank mates. :) Great looking Sohal (or at least I think it was).

reefmvp nice French and that looks to be one very large maroon.

Great job guys.

DamnPepShrimp
03/11/2007, 03:27 PM
mistergn10, how many angels did you have in there? I saw the queen, emperor and a blue ring? I plan on getting all 3 of those eventually, just wondering how it goes with you? What else was in there? Sohal, purple tang, powder brown tang, some sort of wrasse and a harlequin tusk? How does everything get along? I plan on upgrading at the end of the year and having 3 adult angels (queen,emperor,french or bluering), 1 pygmy angel(flame), and some tangs(purple,powder brown) and of course damsels to get chased and help break up the fighting with the main fish, haha. Nice set up.

Reefmvp, are you planning on upgrading to a bigger tank in the future? Adding any other fish?

reefmvp
03/11/2007, 07:20 PM
mistergn10
awesome tank, gotta love the angels, very nice assortment of fishes.

waterbox
thx, and the maroon is about 4" and he is a lg one (eats like a pig) lol

damnpepshrimp
yes im definitly going to upgrade to a 210gal or 300gal in about a year and as far as getting new fish, not until i do upgrade, (dont want to push my luck)

DamnPepShrimp
03/11/2007, 11:23 PM
A 300 would be nice, expensive because it would have to be custom. I might just go with a 265 since it's the biggest glass aquarium made and easily available. I wouldn't push your luck either, but I was just curious to what you were going to add next, when you upgrade of course.

reefmvp
03/12/2007, 03:12 AM
damnpepshrimp,

you are absolutely right about the 300gal tank, i prob will go with the 265 like you said, not worth the extra $$ for 35gals. as far as fish goes, i would really like to have a couple of triggers, lionfish, or grouper, but since i have whole bunch of cleaner shrimp that would not be a good idea ( just end up to be a very $$ snack ) bc of the cleaners it really limits me to alot of fish that i really like and i dont want to get rid of the cleaners, i find them very beneficial in fighting ich & infection on my fishes. all my fishes gets cleaned atlease twice a day. IMO they are the best thing in controlling disease. i prob wont add anymore angels since i got all three of my favorite. i was thinking of a yellow tang, niger trigger, (heard they might be safe but not sure), maybe a flame angel. is hard to say, with me i usually goto lfs and see whats nice and healthy and go with it on the spur of the moment. when ever i set my mind on a specific fish i can never find one that i like or no one has it . but i wont be going to the lfs til i upgrade bc i cant control myself if i see something i like and at this point i dont want to add anymore fishes to my tank. :D what do you have in your tank ? any suggestions ?

bignick
03/12/2007, 12:22 PM
BEAUTIFUL!! I loved your tank

55semireef
03/12/2007, 06:11 PM
Nice but definately overstocked. The fish need to stretch their fins!

DamnPepShrimp
03/12/2007, 07:36 PM
reefmvp, if your into triggers how about blue throats? A guy on here has several angels and a pair of blue throats in a somewhat reef tank, not too many corals, but still. I don't know how they are doing, I'm sure fine, he has a 270g tank. I had a juvi queen angel, juvi emperor, clown, psuedo, damsels, snowflake eel and a skunk cleaner. But I had a crazy disease wipe out my psuedo, emperor, then clown! I am very sad and ****ed. Now my damsels, queen and SFE are in a QT tank with copper. My queen has what looks like ich, but she also has a cloudy whiteness to her too, just like the other fish did before they died. But my queen is one hardy fish! She still eats and doesn't care, even when acclimating in a bucket, she'll still eat, chase the damsels etc.
I am eventually going to get another emperor and either a blue ring or french angel, then a flame somewhere in the mix. I want to do some tangs as well, purple and naso, I'd love to add a pair of blue throat triggers, we'll see. I'll need to upgrade before all that though. I can't decide on my next fish though. There is a huge anniversary sale at a LFS this weekend, I might pick up an emperor if they have one. Basically do what you do, see what gets your attention. I definitely want more angels though, love these fish.

reefmvp
03/12/2007, 07:45 PM
damnpepshrimp,

sorry to hear about your loses but thats the nature of the hobby,
(a big money pit !!) hope eveything goes well in the future with your tank. hope you find the emperor the week. good luck

DamnPepShrimp
03/12/2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks, it is kind of up in the air, which ever I find first, emperor, blue ring or french. We'll see, I'll probably put up a post on what I should add next. But like you said, when your looking for something, usually you can't find it, which always happens. Then you just find something that catches your eye and turns out great. Keep me updated on your set up as well.

scoutmaniak
03/12/2007, 08:40 PM
I hate to hear about your parisite DamnPepShrimp. I had a majestic die a month ago from velvet, and it sounds alot like what happend to your angels. Copper will help alot!! But now I worried about the rest of my fish. They were out of the tank for 4 weeks, but in scared the tank is still infested!! Good luck,

Michael

DamnPepShrimp
03/12/2007, 10:25 PM
What does marine velvet look like? I heard you have to have your tank fishless for 6 weeks. I plan on keeping my fish in QT for 8 weeks just to be safe. Although I have a starfish and shrimp in the tank still, I don't think that will matter. Sorry to hear about your angel, I hate having fish die. My emperor and clown really grew on me and were very personable. While I am QTing my fish, I plan on setting up another QT tank with a new emperor hopefully so I can introduce them all at the same time. Good luck with your situation, keep the fish in QT for atleast 6 weeks.

scoutmaniak
03/12/2007, 11:01 PM
velvet look almost like ick. the spots will be alot smaller, and will cover the whole fish, mainly on the fins. The fish will breath harder because the parisite attacks the gills. In progressed cases the skin of the fish will look slimy, or a dusty color. It is almost impostible to see at first because the parisite is so small. I guess im gonna have to get a bigger qt tank!! and take all my fish back out and wait 2 months. although my curent fish look good, I intoduced a neon goby 3 days ago and it already has ick!! I hear you on the emperor and the clown, they have a real peronality. Emperor are one of my favorite fish. One day ill get a tank big enough to have one. Good luck over there tooo,

Michael

reefmvp
03/12/2007, 11:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9460347#post9460347 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DamnPepShrimp
Thanks, it is kind of up in the air, which ever I find first, emperor, blue ring or french. We'll see, I'll probably put up a post on what I should add next. But like you said, when your looking for something, usually you can't find it, which always happens. Then you just find something that catches your eye and turns out great. Keep me updated on your set up as well.

what ever you end up getting, best of luck to you and hope everything works out, let me know what you got . post some pics and i`ll will definitly keep you posted on my progress.

DamnPepShrimp
03/13/2007, 12:27 PM
My queen must have marine velvet. It almost looks like the fish is powdered. Well she is in a 20L QT tank, I would like to get a bigger tank but can't afford the spend the money. Saturday I am going up to TFP/TPP so hopefully they have an emperor. I don't have too much to spend, but all livestock is 20% off, so well see. I'll need another QT tank, I have a 20H I could probably use. I will try to post picks when and if I get another fish. Thanks.

morayeelsrule
03/13/2007, 04:15 PM
both of you have amazing tanks and they are very cool but have you ever heard of a tripod honestly but by the way how do you put your stuff on youtube

jamesbuf
03/15/2007, 09:48 PM
Very nice.