PDA

View Full Version : thinking about selling my mr2. anybody interested?

skwirl
03/08/2007, 11:56 PM
its the older beckett style, predrilled for a second. the beckett housing was cracked (tightning the air intake too tight) but i repaired it with weld on.
it comes with a genx pcx40.
the pcx 40 could use a new impeller. a shell got caught in there and broke either 1 or 2 of the impeller teeth, but the pump still works fine, and has plenty of pressure to push the skimmer.

if any of you are interested, make me an offer. im not trying to get rich off it, so feel free.

EvilMel
03/09/2007, 02:57 PM
Hey Chris, why are you trying to sell it? I don't need it...just curious.

ct_vol
03/09/2007, 06:12 PM
Nosey... lol ;)

zmazza
03/09/2007, 06:57 PM
Is that the skimmer I saw while I was over there last time, Chris?

Not that I have a sump to put it in or anything.

Looked like it was really working well.

skwirl
03/09/2007, 10:14 PM
Mel...
im selling it, because its soooo big. i cant do the things i want to do with my sump because its so big. and the way my tank and stand is situated i cant have 1 long sump i have to have 2 small ones. so one of em is pretty much eaten up with the skimmer. i do love it, but i need a smaller one.

zmazza...
yea thats it. it is working well... so well in fact, that it has gotten everything out already.
yesterday it quit skimming.. i thought it needed adjusting or something cuz it had'nt skimmed anything in over 24 hours. i couldnt even get the water to thicken up at all at the top. so i got to fiddling with it, and no matter what i did, it wouldnt even hint at foaming up. so after about an hour i thought... hmm.. i wonder if there's anything to skim since there is nothing in the tank. so i too the collection cup, and poured it into the sump. the skimmer immediately foamed up, and about 20 mins later, i had as much skimmate in the cup as i had before i dumped it in, and the skimmer went flat again... i just grinned. but then i thought.. it did this pretty often last time i had it running when i had the tank stocked. maybe i can get by with a smaller skimmer. then i could do this.. and that... and whatever else. 24 hours later i made the selling post.

im thinking 300 would be a good price for skimmer and pump.. .. i paid 375 a year ago, and used it about 6 months. i figure at 300 somebody will be happy, and well skimmed. lol and i would love for it to go to somebody around here so i can still possibly see it from time to time.

zmazza
03/09/2007, 10:48 PM
Not bad, not bad. I need to step up my game and get into the bigger tanks, lol. I just got my raise, so maybe that will mean more fishy stuff.

skwirl
03/09/2007, 10:57 PM
you know it will