PDA

View Full Version : anything I can use to mount frags from Home Depot???

whalloper
03/08/2007, 06:50 PM
Hello,

I need to frag a couple of acros ASAP and cannot wait to have anything shipped to me...is there anything I can buy at the hardware store or Home Depot to mount them which is safe for SPS??

Misled
03/08/2007, 06:53 PM
Super glue gel at the Dollar store.

whalloper
03/08/2007, 06:57 PM
I have used super glue gel before and it doesnt seem to stick too well. Maybe Im doing it wrong, does the coral base and the rock have to be dry?

Misled
03/08/2007, 07:03 PM
Dry rock with paper towel, put on glue, dab base of frag on paper towel and apply, I keep a cup of salt water handy to dip it in. Helps it cure faster.

whalloper
03/08/2007, 07:05 PM
ok, I will give that a try, thank you

Froggy
03/08/2007, 07:13 PM
Krazy glue works well for me and it can be used on wet surfaces. I put some of the glue on the base of the frag and hold it under water until it forms a skin. I then add more glue on top of that and hold under water. I keep adding glue and holding under water to form a skin around the bubble of glue until the bubble of glue is the size I think is necessary to hold the frag.

I can then mount the frag to any surface under water by pushing it into place and twisting to "pop" the bubble of glue. Hold the frag in place for a few seconds and usually the frag will stay in place. The glue will then harden under water. This has worked pretty well for me.