PDA

View Full Version : Will they survive?

biggredd
03/08/2007, 04:15 PM
I've frag'd a few corals lately and they've broken off and fallen into the back rocks. I can't seem to find them. There is a small sarcophyton leather, a small frogspawn that branched off, and a small colony of zoa's. Will they survive falling into the back rocks potentially near the bottom? Basically I can't find them and can only have fallen in the back. Just hope they dont' die cause of it.

emoutz
03/08/2007, 04:27 PM
I've had many frags fall intot he rock and survive. As long as they get the conditions they need, they will survive. With MHs the corals you describe should be fine at the bottom if they are at least getting some light and decent flow.

jaw969
03/08/2007, 04:34 PM
The leather will be fine..... The frogspawn and zoa's will be okay but when mine have fallen they don't really come out again until you get them out (that is if they have fallen so there is not any light.

biggredd
03/08/2007, 05:44 PM
I have pretty good flow so I don't think that will be an issue. I do worry they aren't getting direct light but I have the rocks spaced so that fish can swim in most areas of the structure so I think they'll have reflected light though. Glad I didnt' get any quick no's.