PDA

View Full Version : Ich recovery time?

TarheelFrag
03/07/2007, 03:50 PM
First off I have read through the posts here trying to find the answer but have not been able to. So here goes...

Sorry for the long story but I am just lost here.

Last night I topped off my tank and checked everything out around 4. Everything looked fine and everybody seemed to be ok. Later around 7 I was going to drop in some nori and there it was.... Ich! My Powder Brown and my Hippo was broke out all over with ich spots! No signs at all 2-3 hours before. So I set up the QT tank and go through the PITA process of getting them out. I lowered the salinity and raised the temp to around 80 deg. I picked up some "CopperSafe" and "Super Ick Cure" (API product) to place in there after work today. Well to my suprise when I get home there is not a single Ich spot on them now! They are both eating and all but a little heavy breathing they are fine. I did treat them with the products I purchased but now I am wondering how long I need to keep them in the QT with the Ich cysts being gone this fast? None of my other fish have any signs of ich at all in my main tank. So now what do I do? Leave them in QT? Freshwater dip and place them back? Any help will be greatly appreciated!