PDA

View Full Version : Brid Wrasse with blotches

hayes112
03/07/2007, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I have had my bird wrasse for about a month , he is an active swimmer still but a couple weeks ago he started itching himself.
I thought it might be ich so I observed him closely but I could not see any ich on him. Well two weeks later these white spots started to develop on his fins not like ich spots, it looks more like little spot of color are bleaching out on his fins the spots are probably just a little bigger than the tip of a ball point pin. It is pretty much impossible for me to get a picture of these spot becuase this fish swims constanly and fast at that. But help on this would be vey much appciated.

Thanks agin.....

Hattie B
03/07/2007, 01:52 PM
Hi, are the spots that you see raised?

or are they more like the just the fin is changing color?

hayes112
03/07/2007, 01:55 PM
No they arer not raised spots its more like the fin is starting to bleach

Hattie B
03/07/2007, 02:01 PM
Like fin rot looking?

Or looking like Lymphocystis looking? Lymph can be a more commona malady but appears on the fins or face as cotton like patches or a growth.

(do a qucik google image search to see a pic of Lymph)

hayes112
03/07/2007, 02:12 PM
I googled Lymphocystis but the spots are not rasied at all like the pics show, if it does turn out to be Lymphocystis is there any treatment I can do to prevent from progressing?

Thanks for yor help

hayes112
03/07/2007, 02:14 PM
one more thing if its fin rot will the fins just start to tear? What should I be on the look out for?

Hattie B
03/07/2007, 02:19 PM
Lymph will most likly go away on its own. less then ideal water parameters can be a cause.

A water change is a good idea and check your levels to make sure everything is OK.

fin rot; you will know, the fins usually start to change color, and appear to be ragged/torn like they are rotting off. An antibotic ike maracyn-2 could be used. But you will know something is 'really' wrong with the fins if its fin rot.

hayes112
03/07/2007, 02:36 PM
ok thanks for your help I really appricate it