PDA

View Full Version : Pink leather

chuy marquez
03/04/2007, 11:16 PM
Strayvoltage Let me know when you frag your pink leather. I've been asking Sam every week and he tells me it will be soonbecause it's getting to big. If you can't make into town I don't mind the drive to Deming.

strayvoltage
03/05/2007, 11:50 PM
chuy, I have one stalk off of it now that I am trying to get to attach. It isn't an easy task. That one is spoken for by my wifes mother, but after I do more research on it and learn just how to get it done, I will be having some. It grows really fast and really is taking over the center of my tank. I have already had to move three other corals because it was shading them so much. It is not nearly as pink as when i first got it. I don't know this for sure but I feel that is was dyed, and is now more the natural color. John

SOULEMAN
03/06/2007, 12:14 AM
hey chuy dont sam have a big pink leather that he is fragging at his shop...

Salty Sam
03/06/2007, 05:04 PM
Chuy, I have one....let me know if you want me to hold it, asap.

Salty Sam
03/08/2007, 03:07 PM
Well Chuy, hows the new addition?

chuy marquez
03/08/2007, 09:31 PM
Stray voltage: I picked up a pink leather from Sam so I wont be needing a frag anymore but I know there were several people waiting for yours to be fragged. Sam the leather is doing good. I just hope it grows as fast as Johns.

strayvoltage
03/09/2007, 10:35 PM
Chuy, glad you got one. I hope it does well for you. whatch what you hope for , you might wish it didn't grow as fast as mine. The one I have is at least as big as a basketball. My tank is a 125 and it is taking up a lot of space and has caused me to have to move four other corals. As soon as i really figure out how to frag it and get it to take hold to something I am sure I will have some frags for ppl, maybe something I can bring to a meeting. If I ever get to make it to one that is.

chuy marquez
03/20/2007, 09:44 PM
Strayvoltage, you were not kidding on how fast they grow. I cut down on the light because it doubled in size in one week.

strayvoltage
03/21/2007, 08:30 PM
chuy, mine is now about ten times the size it was when i bought it. I have got to do something with it. It is taking over all of the center of my 125. Already had to move four other corals because it was shading them and it wasn't good. I can't really cut down on my light to much, the clams and also some LPS need the light.

scoutmaniak
03/23/2007, 11:57 PM
wow that is fast!!! i cant wait for the new frags, lol.